Help › Forums

Flop shot way to easy

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 7 2012 6:51 PM (33 replies)
  • PaulCadieux
    196 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 8:26 AM

sarak362336:

Well Paul thanks very much for your opinion. 

As a regular user of the flop I found that the more I practiced the better I became.   This combined with the punch for distances over 25 yards serves me well and I seldom need to pitch.  

Now - how about driving - as a female I consistently hit the ball over 300 yards on here - something that's not at all realistic in real life - what do u suggest with that? - Ladies clubs and the introduction of ladies Tees?

Discuss - Sara

Well Sara if you want a ladies league, you should write to WGTor start a new thread. I personally enjoy to play with everyone and segregation is not acceptable as far as I'm concerned, but I would certainly like improvements to the WGT game.

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 8:31 AM

PaulCadieux:

Flop shot on WGT is way to easy and does not represent in any way the flop shot difficulty rating in real golf.

Its so easy, most players don't chip or pitch and put the ball within 2 feet on most attempt and in the hole on occasion.

I think WGT should either make this more difficult or simply take it out of the game until they figure out the difficulty rating resembling to what a real flop shot is.

The flop shot is as easy as it gets.I flop as much as i pitch but it takes something other than just a decent wedge. I can flop my 58 degree Nike or my 56 degree Cleveland great.Not so well with my Cobras with the thick leading edge.If you don't flop well the first thing is to look at the leading edge of your wedges some of them have thin leading edges and are perfect for flopping but a few like the Cobras I have have thick leading edges and don't perform as well flopping. 

You have to lay the blade way open and many players just can't hit a good shot like that. They try to help the ball and all they do is either scoop it a few feet or blade it hitting a low screamer. It takes work but you can flop in real life just as well as the flop works here.

• PaulCadieux
    196 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:40 AM
    Sure.... even PGA players would love to flop it like on WGT.... lolll.
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:08 AM

YankeeJim:
    I used the flop 99% of the time as a TM until I decided to learn the pitch and chip

Ditto...problem now is I can't flop as well as I used to.....need to re-learn the shot . ):

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:19 AM

Idea of the game is to get the ball in the hole using less shots as possible. Who cares what shots folks use....as long as they are comfortable with it.

I prefer flop shots because i can get the ball higher in the air whilst taking the break out and stopping the balls on a dime rather using pitch where the ball may get a bad bounce leaving a much trickier putt.

Nothing easy about flopping a ball out of heavy ruff over a bunker and onto champ greens with the pin on a downslope.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:07 AM

This isn't real golf. It tries to make the experience of golf as real as possible.

The flop here at WGT is fun for me. Is it realistic? No. Is sticking every approach shot to within 6 ft on every hole realistic? Hell no.

But is it fun? Hell yeah. So go play wgt & have fun & 'live' with the automatic up& down flop shot & thank God you have it in your bag.

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:53 AM

Actally guys I was talking about real golf. I probably use the flop shot here less than I do in real golf.

• PaulCadieux
    196 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 1:39 PM

borntobesting:

Actally guys I was talking about real golf. I probably use the flop shot here less than I do in real golf.

In real golf Born the average on the PGA is 50% in scrambling which includes flop chip and pitch. So for the amateur I would be very surprised if the flop is more than 20%, more like 10%. Are you a PGA player Born....

• gatineauPQ
    2 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 5:15 PM

PaulCadieux:

Flop shot on WGT is way to easy and does not represent in any way the flop shot difficulty rating in real golf.

Its so easy, most players don't chip or pitch and put the ball within 2 feet on most attempt and in the hole on occasion.

Here on WGT, it's easier to hit a flop than to hit a pitch or chip. I laugh when I see guys on the fringe with a flat green hitting flops at 1-24 inches from the hole 80% of the time, while the average scrambling stats is aprox. 50% on the PGA, the flop is surely less than that.

Most TP and Masters, and legends hit the flop as it's easier, and that is totally unrealistic.

I think to get to the top on WGT ( Legend and TL) you should be able to hit all the shots successfully, however a lot of them can't pitch or chip.

I think WGT should either make this more difficult or simply take it out of the game until they figure out the difficulty rating resembling to what a real flop shot is.

Although my experience is limited on WGT, I find the flop very easy to hit and results are amazing, compared to pitch and chips. I agree with you Paul, the real game is the opposite, it's easier to pitch and chip on real golf, flop shots need a lot of regular practice for distance and feel it's a specialty shot.

• sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 5:43 PM

nuff said - chip on the greens, flop where u want - just get in the hole!

Ask Tony Jacklin and Lee trevino - dont matter how - score that counts.....

Sara

RSS