Help › Forums

Flop shot way to easy

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 7 2012 6:51 PM (33 replies)
  • PaulCadieux
    196 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 6:52 PM

sarak362336:

nuff said - chip on the greens, flop where u want - just get in the hole!

Ask Tony Jacklin and Lee trevino - dont matter how - score that counts.....

Sara

Some people like it easy, easy flops, play easy courses to get to TL etc, others rather have a greater challenge

• alpenpirat
    1,153 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:09 PM

delet.

• alpenpirat
    1,153 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:19 PM

@ Paul Cadieoux 

You right. Kick this flopping maggots out from this game. I hate them if i see

that they can do shoots from rough very close to the cup. You forgot that is a

electronic game, with millions & millions of pixels. And every pixel have a number.

Etc.....

Ok, than one option for you: uneven lie, 360 C spin all time and thermal influences every where !!!!!

Than i like to know how long you are standing here. Includet with the option nobody do any more a 56er round on WGT.  But where is the fun later, if you have more frustrated players here, they leaving this game???

I think your intervention is the frustrading about your selve, that others do amazing rounds here.

Regards Alps

• sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 6:40 AM

"Some people like it easy, easy flops, play easy courses to get to TL etc, others rather have a greater challenge"

Well - when u get there let me know - and stop being so sanctimomious.   I would suggest u try using starter clubs and balls then u really would have a greater challenge. Sara

• PaulCadieux
    196 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 7:12 AM

gatineauPQ:

PaulCadieux:

Flop shot on WGT is way to easy and does not represent in any way the flop shot difficulty rating in real golf.

Its so easy, most players don't chip or pitch and put the ball within 2 feet on most attempt and in the hole on occasion.

Here on WGT, it's easier to hit a flop than to hit a pitch or chip. I laugh when I see guys on the fringe with a flat green hitting flops at 1-24 inches from the hole 80% of the time, while the average scrambling stats is aprox. 50% on the PGA, the flop is surely less than that.

Most TP and Masters, and legends hit the flop as it's easier, and that is totally unrealistic.

I think to get to the top on WGT ( Legend and TL) you should be able to hit all the shots successfully, however a lot of them can't pitch or chip.

I think WGT should either make this more difficult or simply take it out of the game until they figure out the difficulty rating resembling to what a real flop shot is.

Although my experience is limited on WGT, I find the flop very easy to hit and results are amazing, compared to pitch and chips. I agree with you Paul, the real game is the opposite, it's easier to pitch and chip on real golf, flop shots need a lot of regular practice for distance and feel it's a specialty shot.

Experienced golfers know that, although you still have to practice pitch and chips regularly. Another very easy shot on WGT is the 40- 50 yard which is also a very tough shot in real golf. I'm not asking for a perfect game, but improvements, some seem to think it's a sin, and or threathening their average, comfort zone lolll.

The same reactions happened when some were asking for Uneven lies, and it's now in the doorstep.

I like the uneven lies, that will be a gd improvement and hope it's coming soon, I play it alot already and it's more of a challenge although they will still make adjustments

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 7:43 AM

PaulCadieux:
    Some people like it easy, easy flops, play easy courses to get to TL

Erm, hate to clue you but there's no easy path to TL. You get there, you earned it.

• PaulCadieux
    196 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 9:17 AM

Hi Jim, with all do respect I think the word '' spent'' would be more appropriate than ''earned'' lol.

• alpenpirat
    1,153 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 3:39 PM

PaulCadieux:

Hi Jim, with all do respect I think the word '' spent'' would be more appropriate than ''earned'' lol.

Funny Words... 

But true word. I give the players here all courses dominate tough a lot of respect. This is no easy task, that`s clear. There are a lot of champoins and legends here they are good only in one or two courses.

But back to the flop shots. You spend flops of *rough* from. And if you end up in the *rough* you have the opportunity to achieve a *as*. For *birdis* are exact landings on the green importend. And a hot putter. 

Uneven Lie can coming. Why not for all. Maybe up to the master's level.  I doo games with some legends and includet univen lie. Amazing wat kind of hack you are in this moment. But its a nice adventure.

On the other hand, these options find their master. And then people like you want to have something different to one step further to strive for the top.I think that the difficulty with a Master or Legend level of acting here is quite a challange enough. 

Regards  from Alps 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 3:59 PM

PaulCadieux:

There's no TL that has better clubs than me and I'm not even close. Bit of skill required to get there, game or no game.

• DuffyWaldorf
    286 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 3:59 PM

I remember back when playing MS Links, to make bunker shots more difficult they changed the position of the DING.  By setting the DING earlier than normal on the meter, you weren't used to the position making timing your shot a bit more difficult.

Maybe eliminating Forgiveness on shots like these would make them more challenging.  Just a thought.

Happy Golfing

Joe

RSS