Help › Forums

Flop shot way to easy

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 7 2012 6:51 PM (33 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 4:03 PM

DuffyWaldorf:
    I remember back when playing MS Links, to make bunker shots more difficult they changed the position of the DING.  By setting the DING earlier than normal on the meter, you weren't used to the position making timing your shot a bit more difficult.

I remember that too, Duffy , and I think the meter here replicates that. It's never actually perfectly smooth from start to finish and you have to consider that in your focus. I believe it's intentional and accomplishes what you suggest.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 4:17 PM

I never use the flop shot. I always use the pitch shot and i can pretty much put that within 2 feet every time the same way you say players do with the flop. Do you consider the pitch shot to be too easy?

• DDLB
    3,441 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 4:46 PM

Never say never Daz! :-)

You don't use flops because you rarely put yourself in a position to have to use one LOL

I use all the arsenal I'm given and regularly. I prefer pitching as the ball goes straight at the flag.  A flop you have to move the marker to achieve a straight shot. so I can't see that a flop is easier to judge.

I only use the flop when I need to get it up and down in a hurry.

On the question of moving the ding point, I can't see that would make any difference to the judgement of the shot. Unless of course you were hitting it 100% all the time. Unless of course you are using a sticky percentage graph and that would then change the power of your hit.

My two bobs worth.

• PaulCadieux
    196 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 6:51 PM

Hi Dazza

Short answer is yes. I see you spend 2-3 hours a day on this site so I would expect nothin less lolll.

Perhaps adjusting and hiding the percentages could be interesting. Like real golf you never know how hot i'ts gonna come out.

RSS