Help › Forums

Max Putter

Thu, Nov 15 2012 4:10 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 3:27 PM

Hi,

I am just out of an alt shot with some friends and among them SteveOx. During the game I proposed him to gift him a new putter (he was short on credit). But I got a surprise...

Can someone from WGT tell me why the "MAX Control Putter (master+)" cannot be gifted?

When I go the page (click on the link above), I see the buttons "buy now" and "rent me" but there is no button for "give as a gift". The other max putter (amateur+) can be gifted as well as all other high end putters and irons.

I guess the button is just missing by mistake. If not, it would be interesting to know why it cannot be gifted.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 4:23 PM

genorb:
    When I go the page (click on the link above), I see the buttons "buy now" and "rent me" but there is no button for "give as a gift".

I went to look and you are right .  Maby post this on WGTpizza wall .

OPY iaaRft

• Kalliste
    1,414 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 5:20 PM

yes button is missing......strangely when I bought that same putter I could swear the low end one was hack + and the higher one pro+  and now they have changed to amateur+ and master +....maybe wgt have `tweaked` the labelling, hence the missing button ....but after a few voddies I do see strange things....lol

Kalli

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 5:24 PM

Nope seems to be missing a give as gift button - unlike WGT to miss out on a chance to raise revenue lol.

Very nice gesture too Genorb.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 7:36 PM

alanti:
    Very nice gesture too Genorb.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:55 PM

AFAIK, tiered equipment can't be given as a gift.

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 1:14 AM

alosso:

AFAIK, tiered equipment can't be given as a gift.

I guess it's a wrong statement. I browsed all the items in the pro shop and all the tiered equipments can be gifted except that Max putter. See 6 counterexamples below

World Golf Tour Pro 60° Wedge (Pro+)

World Golf Tour Pro 54° Wedge (Pro+)

World Golf Tour Pro 3 Fairway Wood (Pro+)

World Golf Tour Pro 3 Hybrid 19° (Steel) (Pro+)

MAX Control Putter (Amateur+)

World Golf Tour Pro Iron Set (Steel) (Pro+)

Regards

• borntobesting
    9,688 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 1:40 AM

genorb:
    Can someone from WGT tell me why the "MAX Control Putter (master+)" cannot be gifted?

I assume it is a carry over from the old system when all things were sold by tier only, In that system no master equipment of any kind could be gifted. Much like the legend balls now,

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 3:16 AM

borntobesting:

genorb:

I assume it is a carry over from the old system when all things were sold by tier only, In that system no master equipment of any kind could be gifted. Much like the legend balls now,

Well this still make no sense to me... Why a master+ equipment cannot be gifted between two tour legend players while pro+ and amateur+ can be gifted? What special with master equipment (which is a tier well below tour legend tier...).

I hope we will get clarifications from WGT staff.

Regards

• SteveOx
    699 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 7:04 AM

Thank you for trying  Fabian buddy..  Who knows what the issue is.  Guess we'll wait and see if we hear anything back from  WGt  :)

• PAGES
RSS