Forums

Help › Forums

Max Putter

Thu, Nov 15 2012 4:10 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 8:39 AM

You are another very kind man, what you and legendcrusher do is amazing to me..

Completely off topic but your advice on wind in the forums has been a revelation to me, so thank you :-)

Andrew

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 10:29 AM

Lizard69:

You are another very kind man, what you and legendcrusher do is amazing to me..

Thank you very much Andrew. Legendcrusher is much more kind than me, he offers equipment to any player while I do it, now and then, to friends only :).

Lizard69:

Completely off topic but your advice on wind in the forums has been a revelation to me, so thank you :-)

More should come at some point (when I will find some time) with also an explanation about how to take sidewind into account.

Thanks again.

Regards

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 10:50 AM

I have already figured out the 1 o clock and 2 o clock winds by trial and error thanks to your original info..

I see many people using a single factor 0.58 for wind, this is incorrect because higher lofted clubs stay in the air longer and therefore need a diff calculation.

I have my wind calculations split into 4 segments 3-4i, 5-7i, 8-pw, and then my 3 wedges..

I have also noted that elevation of 3ft = 1 yard only applies from my 3i-7i from my 8i down to my wedges I use a lesser %..

Downhill I use a straight 4ft = 1 yard or 75% of elevation (apart from the holes I know play longer eg BPB # 8)

Anyway, this is not the thread to discuss this, people will complain lol

Thanks again

ps of course all this will change in a week or so when I buy the R11's lol but I enjoy the challenge..

Peace

Andrew

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 3:06 PM

Any insight from WGT?

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 4:08 PM

Clearly a bug in the system. But I cant see why this will be solved any faster than the other few dozen bugs, that are still in the system with nothing done as yet.

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 4:26 PM

It may have something to do with the tier system. I say this because the Callaway Legend balls are also unable to be gifted.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 3:02 PM

genorb:

Any insight from WGT?

Hello genorb!

WGTpizza here with an "answer", which unfortunately will probably breed more questions, which I do not currently have the answer to:

We currently do not offer items for "gifting" if they have a tier requirement of "Pro" or higher.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 4:03 PM

WGTpizza:

We currently do not offer items for "gifting" if they have a tier requirement of "Pro" or higher.

Here are 5 counterexamples 

World Golf Tour Pro 60° Wedge (Pro+)

World Golf Tour Pro 54° Wedge (Pro+)

World Golf Tour Pro 3 Fairway Wood (Pro+)

World Golf Tour Pro 3 Hybrid 19° (Steel) (Pro+)

World Golf Tour Pro Iron Set (Steel) (Pro+)

Regards

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 4:10 PM

genorb:

My apologies, I worded my post incorrectly.

"We currently do not offer items for "gifting" if they have a tier requirement of Tour Pro or higher"

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• PAGES
RSS