Tue, Nov 27 2012 3:21 AM (21 replies)
  • TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 1:13 PM

JK....aint gonna lock my **** WGT burrito nacho sauce ,,,,,,,,,

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 1:18 PM

Thanks for keeping politics off our forums :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 1:55 PM

I must confess that I joined in a political discussion on an earlier thread; probably my fault for letting the euphoria of recent excellent events (nothing specific or political of course).  

Anyway i did so because I was unaware that there was a ban on Politics.  I've looked through the posting etiquette and Terms and Conditions and cant find anything that specifically states that politics is off-limits.  Can you point me in the direction of this please?  Also is there a list of other topics that are off-limits?  I only ask as I would hate to cause offense or inadvertently break other similar rules.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 1:59 PM

Lmorgan007:
    Anyway i did so because I was unaware that there was a ban on Politics.  I've looked through the posting etiquette and Terms and Conditions and cant find anything that specifically states that politics is off-limits.  Can you point me in the direction of this please?  Also is there a list of other topics that are off-limits?  I only ask as I would hate to cause offense or inadvertently break other similar rules.

No harm done, I appreciate your honesty :)

You are correct - there is no specific rule against discussing politics in our current Terms and Conditions that I can recall (I may be wrong)

We are releasing an easy to reference Posting Guidelines soon that will clear this whole matter up. Stay tuned  :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 2:05 PM

WGTpizza:

Lmorgan007:

No harm done, I appreciate your honesty :)

You are correct - there is no specific rule against discussing politics in our current Terms and Conditions that I can recall (I may be wrong)

We are releasing an easy to reference Posting Guidelines soon that will clear this whole matter up. Stay tuned  :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

Lol, kind of a contradictory statement in another thread.

Hi folks, happy post-election :)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but WGT has a zero tolerance policy on political discussions. This thread will remain on the site, but any others found to be discussing politics will be deleted. This thread is now locked.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 2:07 PM

So I don't have the Terms and Conditions memorized, sorry about that. There may be an item in there that forbids political discussion, or there may not be.

In any case, our forums enforce a zero tolerance policy on political discussions. That's the bottom line.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 2:23 PM

WGTpizza:

So I don't have the Terms and Conditions memorized, sorry about that. There may be an item in there that forbids political discussion, or there may not be.

In any case, our forums enforce a zero tolerance policy on political discussions. That's the bottom line.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

That's OK, it was just a little non-malicious ribbing, kind of figured it was the latter and rightly so. Except for religion, there's no subject more inflamatory than politics. Sorry if I came across as a smartass, it comes naturally to me sometimes ;-) 

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 2:26 PM

PUHOLINO:
    That's OK, it was just a little non-malicious ribbing, kind of figured it was the latter and rightly so. Except for religion, there's no subject more inflamatory than politics. Sorry if I came across as a smartass, it comes naturally to me sometimes ;-) 

No malice was received, thanks for clarifying :)   I'm game for the occasional ribbing from time to time, but when it comes to topics that we hold a zero tolerance policy on, I can't afford to make jokes. We are serious about these and I want to make sure everyone understands this.

On a lighter note, my mom always told me: "Better a smart-ass than a dumb-ass!"  ;)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• TGor
    313 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 2:57 PM

Yep - sorry WGT. I replied on that earlier thread, and two minutes later I went back and deleted it. I still don't know why I did either. Politics and video golf don't mix and doesn't even sound good.

Tony

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 2:59 PM

I did to, but knowingly entering into it, trying to beat the 'locked thread' looming deadline.

glad you dumped even if I wasn't very critical ;)  won't happen again.   m'bad

RSS