Forums

Help › Forums

best political post ever.....

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 27 2012 3:21 AM (21 replies)
  • BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 3:29 PM

That's ok, I'm not slick enough to talk politics,,,,,,,,,,Willy.

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 5:11 AM

WGTpizza:

Lmorgan007:
    Anyway i did so because I was unaware that there was a ban on Politics.  I've looked through the posting etiquette and Terms and Conditions and cant find anything that specifically states that politics is off-limits.  Can you point me in the direction of this please?  Also is there a list of other topics that are off-limits?  I only ask as I would hate to cause offense or inadvertently break other similar rules.

No harm done, I appreciate your honesty :)

You are correct - there is no specific rule against discussing politics in our current Terms and Conditions that I can recall (I may be wrong)

We are releasing an easy to reference Posting Guidelines soon that will clear this whole matter up. Stay tuned  :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

Thanks for the reply.  It would seem that it's only 'Religion'' and 'Politics' that we can't discuss, otherwise it's all as spelt out in the Terns & Conditions.  There are always grey(ish) areas, so it might be worth clarifying a few things:

By 'politics' I assume the intent is that the ban covers things like party or national politics, but not things that are general non-political ideologies.  So we can't talk about the recent US election, but we could chew the fat on some of the news  issues of the day, or express an opinion such as 'That Rush Limbaugh; gosh isn't he a cretin?" etc.  In reality I definitely would not write a post pointing out what a cretin Limbaugh is as I wouldn't want to offend any other cretins who thought he made sense.

'Religion' is a tricky one.  Is it defined in the tight sense as in most of the mainstream religions are not to be spoken about?  Does the ban extend to obscure little known religions such a Zoroastrian fire-worship; I know that's a bit of an obscure one but it is a bona-fide faith.  Or does 'Religion' even include areas that might be considered crack-pot cults such as "Scientology".  Again good manners would preclude one from writing a post lampooning scientology, as it would be very impolite to mock the afflicted.

I'm not trying to be difficult here (honest guv), but I do look forward to the Posting Guidelines when they come out.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 5:13 AM

Lmorgan007:
    I'm not trying to be difficult here (honest guv), but I do look forward to the Posting Guidelines when they come out.

They came out yesterday. Under Getting Started-first topic-------->

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:12 AM

Thanks Jim.

So of my two hypothetical scenarios it would seem that the Scientology post would probably be a no-no as it might be construed by some as a religious topic.  For the same reason I wouldn't be able to discuss coveting my neighbours ass (or his wife's).

The Limbaugh post would probably be allowable as radio talk show hosts and imbecility don't seem to be banned subjects.

It's all such a minefield!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:16 AM

Lmorgan007:
     In reality I definitely would not write a post pointing out what a cretin Limbaugh is as I wouldn't want to offend any other cretins who thought he made sense.

LMAO. This is why politics has a zero tolerance level. This would be a cretin war.  ;-)

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 6:21 AM

YankeeJim:
    LMAO. This is why politics has a zero tolerance level. This would be a cretin war.  ;-)

:-)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 7:02 AM

This ad's probably just a coincidence? LOL  But I won't report google ads for violating the Posting Guidelines.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 7:43 AM

andyson:
    This ad's probably just a coincidence? LOL  But I won't report google ads for violating the Posting Guidelines

LOL. I assume this is an ad that showed up on the main page. I wouldn't know because I don't see ads but I do know the ads are geared towards places you've visited. 

Whatchoo been looking at dere Mr. Andyson?   :-D

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 8:06 AM

Would you try and trick an old guy into making a political post?

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 8:16 AM

leave it to Andy

good one!!

Pizza?

RSS