Help › Forums

GREEN FEES LOST IN SHUT DOWN

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 16 2012 11:20 AM (20 replies)
  • WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 10:38 AM

alosso:
    Would you consider yourself part of the support department and please give this advice here, in public?

Hey Alosso, I'm not sure if this answers your question, but we have a separate department that handles one-on-one customer support. I don't have the capability to provide comprehensive support to an individual player.

alosso:
    Or may we take this hint as a promise to get timely (immediate) response on mails to members@wgt.com asking if it's safe to start a game or match involving credits, be it any challenge match/blitz/skin or RG or a Trugolf course?

Again, I'm not too sure what you are asking here. If you are looking for a way to know if it is "safe" or not to enter a game, you should check the forums. We will post something about the game going offline, hopefully hours before the fact, so that should give you ample warning.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 11:05 AM

WGTpizza:
    I don't have the capability to provide comprehensive support to an individual player.
    Please note that I asked if a public advice by you was possible.

WGTpizza:
    If you are looking for a way to know if it is "safe" or not to enter a game, you should check the forums.
    Excuse me, I took you by your own words, see my citation above. You said, "contact the support department", and put it to one-on-one more precisely. This is email as stipulated by me. OTOH, you seem to ignore your own former proposal and only point to the forum. How should we understand that?

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 11:19 AM

You can email our support department for answers to anything WGT related, but you won't get an instant response.

You can check the forums for any downtime announcements, getting the information you need instantly.

There are two avenues for receiving information on WGT. I hope this clears things up

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 2:27 PM

WGTpizza:
    I hope this clears things up

Tyvm -  I gladly see that you are well capable to give some public advice.

Furtheron it proves

CDUWARDOG:
    Your response suggests that we have to search the forums every time we log on to play to find a message about down time.

- why not agree to this in the first time and avoid such circle of arguments?

*chuckles*

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 2:36 PM

alosso:

CDUWARDOG:
    Your response suggests that we have to search the forums every time we log on to play to find a message about down time.

- why not agree to this in the first time and avoid such circle of arguments?

So the situation is: players are negatively affected when we bring the site down for maintenance. How do we avoid this situation? We warn players about downtime, as soon as we learn about it. How do we warn players? We do so through the forum. We can not send out an email every time we go down for maintenance, and even if we did, players would complain that "they need to check their email every time they log on to play".

I think posting on the forums is an acceptable warning system, given the situation. Also, there's nothing wrong with being more involved on our forums :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• crankedshaft
    7 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:13 PM

I don't want to waste my time sifting through all the bullcrap posts of trolls bragging about the size of their putters.

You can send out a email every time you go down for maintenance, but you are too lazy to do it. In my company slackers like you, who don't care about the paying customer, are quickly weeded out and shown the back door out of the company.

The point is, our game that we paid for, was interrupted and lost due unscheduled maintenance and we deserve to have our green fees returned.

• CDUWARDOG
    16 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 10:02 PM

Pizza

How do i contact WGT support?

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 10:20 PM
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:43 AM

crankedshaft:

You can send out a email every time you go down for maintenance, but you are too lazy to do it.

I'm guessing sending anywhere upto 5million emails (wgt player database) every week would create a far bigger problem than it would solve.

It would seem a lot easier for the odd few who manage to get caught out.....just to politely contact support to look at refunding the creds if applicable.

Only other feasible way would be for the programmers to write some code preventing green fee games from being started 1 hour prior to the site going offline.

RSS