Help › Forums

Who Plays For Credits?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 13 2013 2:50 PM (30 replies)
  • oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sat, Dec 29 2012 9:00 PM

Buggyyy:

If there are any players who play for credits, comment below with your favorite game type and wager ranges. 

I like to play MPC's, Skins, and Blitz when I can actually find a game. Hopefully, this will make it a bit easier to try and hook up for a real man's game. LMAO!

Your CC members are THE MOST competitive here!   And you can't find a game? LMAO 

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sat, Dec 29 2012 11:49 PM

Baboon:

WHAT I STILL can not understand is how some people AVERAGE is 52 or 54..  is this a joke or what ....??

If you play an unlimited 9 hole tourney as your first round in a new tier you can restart until you go to the last tee 8 under, there you go, amazing average.  If you only play alt shot or matchplay games from then on your average will stay the same.  Not sure if this is what you've seen but I do know of 1 player who seems to have done this.  Or just quit playing the game after getting a very low average.

There are of course also the genuine great players.  Having a 56 average is possible if you're very, very good.  There are plenty of active players here with mid 50 averages, including 2 in our club.

• Phlos
    48 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2012 1:50 AM

Choppography:
    I guess nobody uses their brain anymore.  When you are teeing off from 30+yds in front of a player, more times than not YOU have the advantage.  When you are dropping a wedge on a green the Legend is hitting a 7i into, YOU have the advantage for the most part.

1000% agree
    Im playing from 2 month, i m legend just after playing 1 month.
    Do you know why?
    Because i never be afraid by highter players than me, i played vs all.
    True i losted many match and credits but when you lost you learn a lot, and look today.
    I understand why a lot of peopple play from 2/3 years and sleep to master master tee, it s just because they are afraid by highter player, just play vs lower players and then don t progress in this game.
    They are playing vs lower player, maybe they often win think they are good player, but i m sorry they are not...
    I prefere lost a game vs a Tour legend than beat a hack...

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:22 AM

If you can find a legend to play.

Btw anyone ever play EA Sports Tiger Woods pc verison.

I played since 1999 and the "greatest" players seem to have advantages,one of them being able to carry 21 clubs.

• crosshatch
    39 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:49 AM

I agree completely with you, I play in all formats of the game, I was TM and my avg was 60.18, I then beat a few Legends in match play and was moved up to Legend, I have now been Legend for little over a week and my avg is now 72.94....Those extra yards you lose DO make a big difference, overall but I play for FUN, If I get beat by a hack then so be it, well played I say, a lot of people get annoyed when they get beat and some even disconnect, had that a few times, but as what you say on this post it is so true, most days I can barely get a game, so I am probably what you would call a bad legend, but like everyone else you get good days and bad ones, such is life. 

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2012 11:06 AM

Phlos:

Choppography:
    I guess nobody uses their brain anymore.  When you are teeing off from 30+yds in front of a player, more times than not YOU have the advantage.  When you are dropping a wedge on a green the Legend is hitting a 7i into, YOU have the advantage for the most part.

1000% agree
    Im playing from 2 month, i m legend just after playing 1 month.
    Do you know why?
    Because i never be afraid by highter players than me, i played vs all.
    True i losted many match and credits but when you lost you learn a lot, and look today.
    I understand why a lot of peopple play from 2/3 years and sleep to master master tee, it s just because they are afraid by highter player, just play vs lower players and then don t progress in this game.
    They are playing vs lower player, maybe they often win think they are good player, but i m sorry they are not...
    I prefere lost a game vs a Tour legend than beat a hack...

Please don't take this the wrong way, but how the hell do you make legend in 2 months?i don't  mind playing any rank or getting beaten by any rank-that's life,but legend in 2 months?????how many accounts have you got?you must be GIFTED.

just my opinion.

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2012 11:15 AM

pdxdriver:
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but how the hell do you make legend in 2 months?i don't  mind playing any rank or getting beaten by any rank-that's life,but legend in 2 months?????how many accounts have you got?you must be GIFTED

LOL    Couldn't agree more.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2012 9:28 PM

That is quite feasible if you realise that after so many rounds these guys are only going to lower their average, it is happening to me right now, virtually every round I shoot lowers my ave, not by much, but lower every time.

So 1000 rounds of 30 at STA would cut my ave by 10 strokes, roughly speaking,  and that is doable in a few months.

This post is directed at Baboon several posts above.

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:08 AM

Generally the players who make Legend after a few months are feasted upon by the other players for the next year.

I'm mainly a blitz player for credits, although I will play all formats.   CTTH for the ready go's but that is about it.  I can't putt well enough to compete with the big boys in the stroke play ready go's, I'll jump in maybe one a week but only for a few hundred credits.

I try to limit my challenge games to 200 credits.  That way no real hurt feelings when someone loses a game.  Easy to lose your friends when you ding them for 2,000 credits.

• Phlos
    48 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:03 AM

pdxdriver:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but how the hell do you make legend in 2 months?i don't  mind playing any rank or getting beaten by any rank-that's life,but legend in 2 months?????how many accounts have you got?you must be GIFTED.

just my opinion.

Tell me what advantage i have if it s my second account
    Be legend after 2 month at lvl 77 you got poore equipment, the game is so hard for me.
    If i need to recreate a second account i will do my best to sleep at low tier (easy tee)
    So it s not second account , i m just a good player i m sorry for that ;)

RSS