Help › Forums

Avoiding Legend Status

Sat, Dec 8 2012 1:05 PM (91 replies)
  • Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 9:18 PM

ChipNSink:
    If you continue to play  stroke play and MP

Think it's the opposite since you clearly do not play 't play much stroke and MP but verify with WGT. And definitely, playing mostly 9-hole sub-par rounds, moves you up the tier ladder much quicker. But you still need better Equipment to compete against Legends. :)

• Canada15
    84 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 9:51 PM

Everyone seems to be missing my point.  My GOAL is NOT to avoid legend... lol

My GOAL is to come on here and play stroke play tournies for fun whenever I have time away from studying.  They can be worth credits or not, obviously credits gets you thinking more but either way Im content.

I do not want to be forced to play cttp, blitz, etc bc those dont appeal to my interest.  Ever so often ill try them, but only if there are no tourny rounds left for me. 

My ARGUMENT is that I do not win or contend in weekly tournies (not even remotely close).  I may win the odd Country club tourny but that is usually when Im one of the only guys playing.  Playing from legend tees would make it even more pointless as the people there use the best equipment, balls, etc and they shoot as good if not better than I do from these tees.  With my current clubs, I have played from back tees and I cant break par.

As I mentioned above, I am a student so I really don't have money to put into this game.  I have no interest in purchasing a new set of virtual clubs or weekly virtual balls.  I am able to do the odd survey that allows me enough credits to use a ball that makes the game slightly enjoyable.  Thus, I am not interested in buying equipment to make the whole legend thing interesting and competitive.

Thanks for all the insight and replies, but I guess im preaching to the wrong crowd.  Eventually Ill join you guys on the legend tees at some point and I know it wont be as bad as I predict it being.  But I just wish WGT would see my inability to compete from this level and realize Im fine right here.

thx,

dan

• Canada15
    84 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 9:57 PM

and on that note, maybe someday if I have more time and money, i would put in $20 to see if I could get a bit better.  trust me, Im a goal oriented guy but on here not so much.  this is just for fun. lol

shooting 33 from tour master tees is fun, but 36 from legend tees (when guys are shooting 55) becomes more pointless then what im doing.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 10:12 PM

No wonder they say when a Canadian emigrates to USA the general average IQ of America drops.

I just don't get what you are worried about, when you reach legend you will have to upgrade clubs to compete, of course, we all do. But you can still play in your CC comps that will have different tee boxes invariably.

I can tell you sincerely when I moved up I thought it was the end, but no , just like Chopoggraphy, after a few weeks, you will really enjoy it. And even better when you play off your old tees, you will find everything so much easier.

You sound like someone who would go all the way to Paris, and only go halfway up the Eiffel Tower..

• canuck4everr
    100 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 10:37 PM

oneeyedjohn:

No wonder they say when a Canadian emigrates to USA the general average IQ of America drops.

I just don't get what you are worried about, when you reach legend you will have to upgrade clubs to compete, of course, we all do. But you can still play in your CC comps that will have different tee boxes invariably.

I can tell you sincerely when I moved up I thought it was the end, but no , just like Chopoggraphy, after a few weeks, you will really enjoy it. And even better when you play off your old tees, you will find everything so much easier.

You sound like someone who would go all the way to Paris, and only go halfway up the Eiffel Tower..

You sound like a jerk ,

• Canada15
    84 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 11:38 PM

oneeyedjohn:

Oneeyedjohn-  So due to the fact I enjoy this game the way I have it right now, you judge my entire countries intellect?  Are you kidding?

I will say I can assure you my IQ level is doing just fine, and I can most definitely give you a run in that regard.  I am pursuing a math degree in university and I can guarantee my IQ, personally, would not be lower than the average in the US or your country If your curious.  I really do not appreciate the sarcasm though. 

I am curious though, why do Europeans have that opinion of Canadians? Is it our military, politics, etc? That is a bit unsettling.  I did not think my country would be joked upon after i bring up a simple topic such as this.

Furthermore, I appreciate your metaphor of the Eiffel tower.  However, my trip to Paris does not include succeeding in WGT.  This is the internet game I play on my way to Paris. 

Ill say again, maybe shorter and more concise.  I am not interested in spending more money on this internet game, like all the rest of you may have.  I like to compete with the guys in my country club and I like to place in the top 200 of weekly tournaments every now and then.  I would not be able to do this from legend tees with my laptop (which does not work with fast meter speeds).  

Thanks Oneeyedjohn, have a nice day.  Looks like you need one with that attitude.

Dan 

• Canada15
    84 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 11:55 PM

OneeyedJohn,

I see you have put some money into this game.  I'm not against that.  You are trying to become really good at this game and you have the time to do so.  I'm not discounting how fun and addictive this game is.

Unlike you, I have put virtually no money into this game and I play when I have time.  For instance, I use starter wedges because my computer cannot function the meter speed of the 'name brand' wedges.  My irons were a gift from a fellow player who felt bad for me.  Since I've had these irons I have gotten much better.  I do surveys just so I can use the cheapest Srixon balls which make the game enjoyable.  I just swtiched to those by the way.

You said we all have to upgrade equipment once we get to legend status.... well I guess my clubs will have to do the trick then.  Or else those surveys are going to have to treat me a lot better than they have been. haha

thx,

Dan  

• oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 12:02 AM

canuck4everr:

You sound like a jerk ,

and u sound like a tosser

• Canada15
    84 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 12:19 AM

You guys will all likely have some sort of problem with this, but I enjoy playing match play challenge if the surveys work better than expected.  I do this to see If I can maybe win an extra pack of balls.  I luck out and play well at times but for certain, I lose more of those games then I win...  I love playing them regardless though.  Its competitive and the games are always close. 

From Legend tees I would lose every time... Now you guys respond, "Simple, don't play match play challenge."  So now, to compete with others (with my clubs) I'm limited to country club tournies only.  Wonderful.

See guys I'm not questioning as to whats going to happen to me, or how the game is set up.  I can figure that out quite easily without everyone explaining to me.  Im questioning the logic as to why it is set up this way. 

• Canada15
    84 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 12:23 AM

oneeyedjohn:

canuck4everr:

You sound like a jerk ,

and u sound like a tosser

Yikes, and my country's IQ is questioned...

RSS