Forums

Help › Forums

Avoiding Legend Status

Sat, Dec 8 2012 1:05 PM (91 replies)
  • 7thwave
    556 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 12:34 AM

I didn't take the time to read all the BS in this thread; but enough to guesstimate that the avg. IQ of Iceland will probably double if the Canadian OP decides to emigrate there...

As to your problem Canada15. Don't worry. Yes, in the end EVERYONE will become Legend (or TL for that matter), provided you shoot enough rounds under the required number. As it is you need 40 rounds of 61 or lower (30 or lower) to reach 61 avg. You'll be finished studying by that time :-)

Good luck in your study!!!!

• Canada15
    84 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 12:37 AM

7thwave:

I didn't take the time to read all the BS in this thread; but enough to guesstimate that the avg. IQ of Iceland will probably double if the Canadian OP decides to emigrate there...

As to your problem Canada15. Don't worry. Yes, in the end EVERYONE will become Legend (or TL for that matter), provided you shoot enough rounds under the required number. As it is you need 40 rounds of 61 or lower (30 or lower) to reach 61 avg. You'll be finished studying by that time :-)

Good luck in your study!!!!

really?! 40 rounds?  I haven't looked at my stats previous stats but Im sure I don't have many in that category.  Im a 62.1 now so I hope this lasts for a while! 

thanks.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 2:07 AM

7thwave:

If you are referring to the cod, then you are probably correct,

'kin dipstick

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 5:30 AM

Canada15:
    really?! 40 rounds?  I haven't looked at my stats previous stats but Im sure I don't have many in that category.  Im a 62.1 now so I hope this lasts for a while! 

IMO, you're worrying about this needlessly. Yes, your average only goes down now but what it takes to get all the way down to under 61 is not going to happen accidentally or on a WGT whim. It only happens when you're banging out those 29s and 30s on a regular basis and you have a long way to go to get there.

Think of it this way. Come the day you shoot those 30s with your eyes closed you'll be ready. Until then don't sweat it. 7thwave spelled it out correctly. You have a long way to go. :-)

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:58 AM

Thought i would post in here again. I just reached the 500 ranked rounds as a Legend, had a 34 and 31 drop my avg. by .06 points and will continue to drop like a rock for a bit as that is the nature of the game. You post that you cant compete with the 55 Legends, hate to break the news to you, even though in alot of tournments that may be the winning score a Legend doesnt hit like that all the time. I have had the pleasure of playing a lot of these sub 60 Legends and Sub 60 Tour Legends. The fact is they are just that good. They place the ball Fair to green. Leave a 15ft or under putt. And most times hit the putt. Really that simple but not the Average Legend. The avg legend out there is probably more like me about a 65 avg. Not that awsome but ok.

The hole point is that you started this thread to say hey I dont feel I should move up, the fact is you will eventually no matter what. So you learn to hit with what you have or invest some money to get better gear to compete and play how you like playing the game.

Mes.

PS: What with the Canadian bashing in this thread ? Really? Really not much to say as I would not bash anyone's country. But stand by Canadain Pride as I know and most Canadian know we live in the best country in the world. Maybe you guys bashin should relise if your opion is based on Canadians that live abroad, did you ever stop and think that maybe they dont live in Canada anymore cause we dont like them lmao?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 8:03 AM

Mesmorizer:
    But stand by Canadain Pride as I know and most Canadian know we live in the best country in the world.

IDK about the best but they have great healthcare, know how to make great whiskey and I like the way they say "oot" for out.  ;-)

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 8:50 AM

Don't forget beer, hockey and the most beautiful northwest.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 8:52 AM

forget about tee distance .. just play, u'll inevitably improve .. all there's to it

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 9:51 AM

Boomerboy44:
    Don't forget beer

OMG, yes. How could I forget Molson XXX, real man beer.  :-)

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 9:52 AM

I didn't think we missed the point.  After all, the thread is titled "Avoiding Legend Status."

RSS