Forums

Help › Forums

A Sad Day Indeed

Thu, Dec 13 2012 9:47 AM (8 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2012 8:05 PM

I am going through a very hard time right now. I started on WGT with 3 friends. Canine, Gsoup, and the one and only SM. After the news today, I am not sure I want, or have a reason to continue. These guys made my days, and nights on here. We had a great time, gave each other hell, and I truly believe, we loved each other as brothers, even though we have never met in person. I have played this game for the friendships. Even though I have made many new friends, I cannot forget the beginning. To think I will never have the pleasure of playing with SM again, may be more than I can deal with. For those who never had the chance to relate with this man, there is no way to explain it. He was a one of a kind, a rare individual that you get to know once in your life. I will try my damndest to get to meet this man in person. It will be on my bucket list. I need this, and feel he will enjoy the meeting too. It is the Irish in me, but I wear my heart on my sleeve, a friend is a friend until ya die.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2012 8:54 PM

If your a believer then your friendship will never end . A special prayer will be said by me and my 7 yr old as he loves to always ask me who needs a special prayer tonight. I think he prays best so Ill let him know Ren.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2012 10:55 PM

WGT has also been kind to me and I have met some awesome people.

I am sure I would feel the same if a few of them had to leave the game.

But i am not sure I could write such a meaningful and heartfelt post as yours Renn.

Shine on... .  .   .friends

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2012 11:03 PM

gosh durn.........

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:39 AM

One of the best things about WGT is the friends ive made. Took a chance and met then in rl. I was so glad I did it I never looked back. I have to think of the great memories and hope more will follow. Gazz

wish you were here

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2012 10:13 AM

My Mother taught me this quote when I was very young, I'm sure others remember this one as well.

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
    Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
    Walk beside me and be my friend." 
    - Albert Camus 

Joe

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2012 11:50 AM

josephk2317:

My Mother taught me this quote when I was very young, I'm sure others remember this one as well.

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
    Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
    Walk beside me and be my friend." 
    - Albert Camus 

Joe

+100

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2012 12:09 PM

renniw52:
    For those who never had the chance to relate with this man, there is no way to explain it. He was a one of a kind, a rare individual that you get to know once in your life.

I wear, to this day, a red avatar. It's 3 years old and still looks like the day I got it from a new friend I made here. I helped him with putting over a long stroke round and the next day I had it in my possession. It was one of the first avatars in the pro shop and it was gifted to me by Dick (SM) for the lesson. It knocked me out and I've never had anything else since. It reminds me of him. I, too, shall miss him.

For those that never had the fun of busting on Dick, here's where GabbyHayes with blue bows showed up  thanks to Andyson. 

Beans is gone...............   :-(

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Thu, Dec 13 2012 9:47 AM

yeah Renni,

I will miss SM too. He was hilarious, kind and just real good people, the kind you hope to meet in life.

Anyway, I just thought I'd say that I too will miss SM here  very much & hope and pray that he is comfortable right now.

Jeff

RSS