Help › Forums

Players who BEG - The Register

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 12 2013 5:05 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 1:33 AM

Ok, It's one thing for a female to post a smutty pic and illicit gifts from drooling males.

But when you get random people asking people for gifts thats just plain lazy

I dont mind gifting people at random who dont beg, dont get me wrong.

But I have personally had 4 - 5 people enter our Country Club, friend up all the top players and sequentially ask for gifts.

We are aware of this as a club and we have a policy to to not gift them and perhaps help them with Surveys. 

Once the beggars are satisfied, or in fact rejected they leave the club and I watch them join another - I usually alert the club owners in this event. 

These people wander around displaying their standard WGT clubs whilst holding a cache of gifts they have received, once they have a decent set they then cash in on the unused clubs & sell them back to WGT.
    I suspect many hold a decent array of clubs. 

I have created this thread in an effort to deter these people and would invite others to post the names of these beggars who prey on others.

Here's our latest, I have refused him and offered to help him with the surveys, he has moved on to another member.

Not even a hello.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 2:12 AM

pretty shameless .. didn't waste any time on niceties either .. sounds like a generic, numbers game kinda message .. 

i likewise don't mind giving something when warranted  ..  i've  been lucky enough not to have been solicited by this "kind" ... when that day comes i'm afraid my response will be somewhat less than tactful ..

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 2:53 AM

I have had this happen to me 3 times from players I do not even know. One just wanted to get his crystal social award and had around 100 so called friends on his page. I do not take the word Friend lightly, looking for honest friendship Not acquaintance or less. They should have that button on here as well. The other two was from another country looking for clubs with a message similar to the above. I believe they peek into friends list as well as large country clubs prior to sending out their request as well.

So my prior law enforcement tip for today is:   BOLO

Be On The Look Out

Happy Golfing!

Joe 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 3:39 AM

Only had one in 9 months...he asked for a L89 ATV, I'd only just reached L89 and hadn't even bought my own !!

Made me smile though :-)

Andy

• Kelsey12
    2,114 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 5:18 AM

As much as I'm on your side on this Shrude, WGT has a policy against calling out other players by name in the forum. I can't imagine it will be long before your post is edited or shut down altogether.

If you head over to Bollox's page though, his wall is usually riddled with shameless requests for gifts - I'm sure anyone can develop their own extensive list from there. Personally I'm of the belief that people learn from their mistakes. Lazy people will beg, guys who know how to copy & paste pictures of scantily clad women will offer friendship for gifts, and there will always be someone to fall for any of it.

Sometimes you just have to let the kid touch the hot stove a couple times.

Kelsey  =)

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 5:28 AM

HI Hear ya Kelsey.

You make very good sense.

I have seen bollox wall in the past & wondered how he responds.

I know he had a standing give away to hacks/ amateurs  with wedges for a while.

Maybe the recent benevolence in the forums will alleviate some of this.

Perhaps my post was reactive instead of responsive.

Kelsey12:
    Sometimes you just have to let the kid touch the hot stove a couple times.

:)

• SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 6:18 AM

dont give nothing to beggers its not right

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 6:41 AM

I have received hundreds of friend requests. When someone asks or hints for something right away, they are deleted from my list. I have friends who may have, after many games together, just briefly mention something like, I can't wait until I can get so and so club. They never bring it up again, and after awhile, it shows up in their bag. these are people who I know are for real, they are struggling and just don't have the means to purchase this or that. I have given several clubs to friends, and they are still using the club I gave them, and have never asked for a thing. For the beggars out there, be real, make real friends, be who you really are, and great things will happen naturally.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 7:50 AM

Nice post renniw. I'm the same way. If they ask, I don't give it. I prefer to evaluate their need on my own terms.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 8:25 AM

As a rule I don't give beggars the time of day on here.

I'll send gifts to friends yes....but they never ask, i just send.

• PAGES
RSS