Help › Forums

Avoid DUI's

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 21 2012 12:38 AM (3 replies)
  • Timmytoastman
    567 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2012 1:32 PM

Drunk Driving and my road block encounter

This is the time of year, that police road blocks are set up all over the place. I would like to share a personal experience with my closest friends about drinking and driving.
    As you well know, some of us, or someone you know, have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from an occasional social session over the years. One or two, quickly turns into three or eight.
    A couple of nights ago, I was out for an evening with friends and had a couple of cocktails....
    Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before -- I took a cab home.
    Sure enough, I passed a police road block, but since it was a cab, they waved it past.
    I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise as I have never driven a cab before and am not sure where I got it or what to do with it now that it's in my garage.

Be safe and smart the holiday and hit em straight (if you can)!     TIM
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2012 1:46 PM

I did the same thing a month ago with a Marta Bus in Atlanta, hard to hide that damn thing.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2012 2:23 PM

LOL  I just posted this in my CC's forum not too long ago.   This one will always be funny to me.  

This was what I woke up to in my front yard.  ;-)

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 12:38 AM

Saturday Morning, 2:00 am

Early Saturday morning a policeman waited across the street from a popular bar, hoping for a nail a drunken driver, possibly preventing a tragic accident.

At closing time the patrons came out and the officer spotted his potential quarry. One man was so obviously inebriated that he could barely walk. He stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes, looking for his car.

After trying his keys on five other cars, he finally found his own vehicle. He sat in the car a good ten minutes, as the other patrons left. He turned his lights on, then off, wipers on, then off. He started to pull forward into the grass, then stopped.

Finally, when he was the last car, he pulled out onto the road and started to drive away.

The patrolman, waiting for this, turned on his lights and pulled the man over. He administered the breathalyzer test, and to his great surprise, the man blew a 0.00.

The patrolman was dumbfounded. "This equipment must be broken!" he exclaimed.

"I doubt it," said the man, "Tonight I am the designated decoy!"

RSS