Forums

Help › Forums

VEM ID ?

Sun, Dec 23 2012 4:53 AM (39 replies)
  • Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2012 9:27 AM

Every time my game gets a little "iffy" I go to the Adobe Flash Player - Website Storage Settings Panel, to only find that there's this phantom site called s.ytimg.com again, that appears randomly every now and then.  I select it, delete it, go back to my game and now everything works nice.

Is it a fixation of mine ? ... Does it give only good results to me ? ... Who knows ! ... I am more curious than sure about this, so, if you get to try this home-made-medicine, please publish only your results or any previous findings, not your personal thoughts about this thread.  Thanks.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2012 9:38 AM

Here's a fix for you, Q. Right click in the Play Now box and choose Global settings. The first box that pops up is on the left. Click "local storage...." and the second box comes up. Choose the action you want for each site. I have my permissions set to Ask Me. Heh-you can see who I let in. You can also clear your Flash cache here by clicking Delete All. (This is from my Chrome browser and I don't play in it so wgt shows no info stored.)  ;-)

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2012 9:45 AM

Try this Sir , Click on S.ytimg .com to highlight and slide the storage bar to the left to 0.

OR click on s.yimg .com to highlight , Right click , then click on local storage settings by sights , look down a bit for  ask me for permission , click arrow , click on Block .

I am chicken to do any of that ,, So please try and let us know if it helped .

OPY

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2012 9:49 AM

YankeeJim:
    Here's a fix for you, Q. Right click in the Play Now box and choose Global settings. The first box that pops up is on the left. Click "local storage...

Excellent input "YankeeJim", Thank you.
    In a way you are reminding us of another way to see it, to find the site I am pointing at as my suspect number one VEM causal (s.ytimg.com) and it's removal from one's list.
    Still I am very curious if anyone has done it (removed it from the panel) and if this very action brought the same excellent results I get every time I do it ... (?)

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2012 10:06 AM

opyeuclid:
    Try this Sir , Click on S.ytimg .com to highlight and slide the storage bar to the left to 0.

When I tried that, the game keeps having the same jumpy feel.

opyeuclid:
    OR click on s.yimg .com to highlight , Right click , then click on local storage settings by sights , look down a bit for  ask me for permission , click arrow , click on Block .

Haven't done this one yet.  Shouldn't it bring the same positive effects as eliminating it from the list with the plus that it will not re-appear again since it's already in but blocked ;) ?
    I'll let you know if I have some findings with this action !

opyeuclid:
    I am chicken to do any of that

You chicken ! ... pock, pock, pock ... lol ... Cheers my friend, thank you !

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2012 10:26 AM

Quijotazo:
    Shouldn't it bring the same positive effects as eliminating it

Definitely slide that bar to allow zero storage. Think about it, you're letting them do their thing whenever they want to and that activity is more than likely what is causing your issue.

I think that particular site has something to do with the advertising here because when you clear your cache it disappears, only to reappear as your cache is replenished. Just deny them space on your computer.

*edit. Wrong on the advertising guess, it's apparently a You Tube thing. I found this about it.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2012 11:03 AM
    This post has been deleted.
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2012 11:37 AM

so your saying not to put it on unlimited ?

• egonweber
    365 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2012 11:47 AM

Woodoworkery:

Dont set it to unlimited, i did that, and get warning on to much storage in 1 processor. Let it be on default 100kb and delete data often, gives me the smoothest game, without flashcrashes! Now i will try the great tip from jim, set it to zero and only allow wgt's needed storage to run the game!

Egon

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2012 12:11 PM

Woodoworkery:

There is no reason to allow any site other than WGT any kind of permission to store stuff on your computer. Set WGT to 100KB and everybody else to zero. As one who hardly ever clears my cache, I have never seen WGT even come close to using 100KB.

RSS