Forums

Help › Forums

VEM ID ?

Sun, Dec 23 2012 4:53 AM (39 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 12:51 PM

Rockitch:
    If I clear the cache through "global settings" - "Delete all data" (what has been advised on these forums for longer) I've done about the same, right ?

Yes. That's when you have to reset your in game settings because that media5.wgt goes away, too. However,  if you don't allow these sites to set information on your computer you won't have to worry about clearing your cache-the only thing that will be in there is wgt and whoever else you choose to let in.

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 1:52 PM

Richard4168:
    s.ytimg.com is a YouTube Adobe file cookie that stores in the Adobe website storage settings panel for faster loading of YouTube videos.

Thank you R.  I really hope that you are 100% right about it ;)

Richard4168:
    Its always best to play this game with all cookies deleted (with exception of the media5.wgt.com cookie), from the Adobe website storage settings panel to ensure no interruptions in loading or game-play.

Just got even better, thank you again R ... ;)

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 2:11 PM

YankeeJim:
    Yes. That's when you have to reset your in game settings because that media5.wgt goes away, too. However,  if you don't allow these sites to set information on your computer you won't have to worry about clearing your cache-the only thing that will be in there is wgt and whoever else you choose to let in

Clear, thx.

R.

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 2:26 PM

Coincidence ? ... If you see my profile, I usually score between 30 - 34+ on 9's.  My handicap of 63.7 is clear about it.  After reading the advises on this thread I performed the following changes to the Settings Panel :

Storage Settings Panel

Immediately after got into a Stroke on Bethpage ... without warming up, and BOOM !

It almost felt like I was cheating !  I know I was very lucky, but ... who knows ! ... Good luck everyone.  Thank you for the help ;)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 3:39 PM

Congrats Q ... Awesome Score :) 

I've always used Chrome to play the game.  I have a shortcut on my desktop of the log-in screen. This has no browser tool bar.

I also close/exit the profile page when running the game, but make sure you have the gamescreen running before you close the Profile page or you will be logged off.

I run Gamebooster.

A lessen for everybody....  Ask a good Question or a silly one...lol and there are people here who can give good advice. As I said before, one tip can be good for one person and not for another... so it's just trail and error until you get the best fit.

Then you can go BOOM too

-Roger

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 11:15 PM

FWIW, the site is related to youtube. Disabling it will make that site uncontrollable.

Another fact is, there is a frame in the WGT starting window demanding access there, too. It''s the advertizing window right of the news lines.

<edit> While it was blocked, the meter was quite smooth and CPU load seemed a tad lower than before. </edit>

So it might be a good thing to block it for WGT and allow access once you go to youtube.

• nigyrob
    92 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 1:13 PM

I have done some research on this file and yes - it is related to Youtube and is a permission for storage of certian profile files and the like that is asked of you when you upload files from your camera to youtube or visit a site which has youtube clips embedded in it - which WGT has lots.

N.B. it is not a spy file!!!    Youtube clearly asks you permission and states what it's for!!

See below link for a concise explanation and help to combat it -

http://www.keiths-place.com/blogs/keith/2008/stop-youtube-sytimgcom-video-camera-spying

This quote from Jonny at this forum - "The Flash Camera Access prompt is well worded, conceise, and makes no attempt to access your camera in the background. Its called a Prompt because, it does just that, it Prompts you, asking you if you mind if we can have access your camera. NOTE - Accessing Camera, and HAVING access to the camera are 2 completely different things."

Hope this helps

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 2:03 PM

nigyrob:
    N.B. it is not a spy file!!!    Youtube clearly asks you permission and states what it's for!!

I don't think anybody's worried about it being a spy file. Q's assertion, that he has borne out, is that the activity with this site affects the game play.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 11:29 PM

I would have answered earlier Q, but as I have a perfect meter and never have any of those sites in storage settings left when I play in Maxthon3, it didn't mean much.

I use Chrome for surfing. I also use Chrome when I watch videos and the advert carousel.

So Maxthon3 exclusively for game play.

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Sun, Dec 23 2012 4:53 AM

oneeyedjohn:
    I would have answered earlier Q, but as I have a perfect meter and never have any of those sites in storage settings left when I play in Maxthon3, it didn't mean much.

I use Chrome for surfing. I also use Chrome when I watch videos and the advert carousel ...

Thank you "eneyedjohn", and also I must thank everyone who tossed some lines here.  I had certain suspicions about the s.ytimg.com file.  Now, not only I know it definitely affects the game but also have a clear idea of it's youtube origin-relation.  After reading carefully and taking the proper steps in my browser (Chrome), WGT runs like never before.  My game is improving and I am a happy puppy ;)

Sincerely thankful for this very Christmas gift you all gave me !  Alex - Q

RSS