Forums

Help › Forums

VEM ID ?

Sun, Dec 23 2012 4:53 AM (39 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 1:15 AM

Good Post this one....  Very good advice too.

B4 I start each day playing the game, I delete everything except for the Wgt File, I stopped deleting that file because I was sick of resetting my game options...lol

Didn't know what that s.ytimg does... but I've set it to always ask...  see what that does.

In game options under the Advanced Tab....  I have the Backround Loading turned ...ON. This has stopped my stutters.... I should say meter Stutters...lol

Just have to find out how to stop that 'meter complete stop' before the ding, that I get every so often.

-Roger

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 5:03 AM

mantis0014:
    Didn't know what that s.ytimg does... but I've set it to always ask...  see what that does

One of the drawbacks I've seen to making these sites ask me for permission is that when they do a little box pops up saying so and so wants permission. You have to click it 3 or 4 times, sometimes, because it's as if they won't take no for an answer. 

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 5:23 AM

Mantis, that meter stop every so often may be occurring from your anti virus software updating. At least that was what was causing mine. So I found it best to shut off all auto-updates on my computer prior to playing.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 6:04 AM

That S file is a ytube thing. I play alot of songs when I'm not on Wgt.  So I changed the setting to always ask and the first song I played... it asked me the question....lol

So I think... those videos we have to watch before starting a game...  that might bring in that file. Thks JIm, it was a good tip.

I have all the updates stopped, even the Anti Virus stopped when playing the game...  Yes, I have thought the same thing too  thks OBR

I've said this before.....

I still remember way way way back then, when the Adds started to appear on our screens...  all of a sudden, meter probs by everybody...   Adds and Vids... No offence Wgt, but might have a big part in all these problems.

I will also say too....  Wgt might may never fix the meter probs, but we all can make certain changes to our system that will help us to play the game.

One fix for me, is not a fix for somebody else.

This is the type of post that can help alot of people, with the different ideas.

-Roger

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 6:35 AM

Thanks guys...good info on meter problems.  Mine went from silky smooth 90% of the time to 100% so far. Am using Maxthon Cloud.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 7:02 AM

mantis0014:
    I still remember way way way back then, when the Adds started to appear on our screens...  all of a sudden, meter probs by everybody...   Adds and Vids... No offence Wgt, but might have a big part in all these problems.

I agree, Roger, and this is exactly why I use one browser for the game and have Adblock installed on it. Those screenshots in my first post came from this browser I'm using now (Chrome) and the only difference in them with the Comodo Dragon I use for the game is media5.wgt has 21kb of info stored.  :-)

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 8:06 AM

YankeeJim:

Quijotazo:
    Does the elimination of s.ytimg.com from this panel causes the same positive impact on everyone's game as it does on mine ?

Now, I'm not about to go enable them to access my computer to find out if I can cause my own issues but I am  curious as to why you even care. You found something most already know about and it helped you. Are you maybe thinking you're onto something big here? 

I don't know if I am onto something big here my friend.  I have been deleting the infamous S.Y. file since about two months ago, and every time I do it my game gets near perfect.  I was simply asking if the same happened to everyone when performing such deletion.  Now I am happy because I know that this file has something to do with watching videos, but at the same time I think that my question has been answered even tho no one has said clearly what I wanted to hear :  "Yes, my game also gets better when I delete the S.Y. file".

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:05 AM

Quijotazo:
    I have been deleting the infamous S.Y. file since about two months ago, and every time I do it my game gets near perfect.

The resulting discussion and advice should help you then in keeping it that way. I do hope you have that slider for them set to zero. You helped a lot of players bringing this topic up.  :-)

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:31 AM

s.ytimg.com is a YouTube Adobe file cookie that stores in the Adobe website storage settings panel for faster loading of YouTube videos.

If this cookie is left in the Adobe website storage settings panel during WGT game-play, this cookie will affect everyone's meter if someone clicks on a video in your YouTube channel, or a channel you subscribe to.

Its always best to play this game with all cookies deleted (with exception of the media5.wgt.com cookie), from the Adobe website storage settings panel to ensure no interruptions in loading or game-play.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 10:58 AM

Sorry if I'm sounding like a bit of a buzz-kill but If I clear the cache through "global settings" - "Delete all data" (what has been advised on these forums for longer) I've done about the same, right ? If not so, could anyone explain the difference to me pls ? Ok, I understand that by keeping the wgt thing, I keep my gamesettings, but further ?

R.

RSS