Forums

Help › Forums

On the 10th day of Christmas ......

Thu, Dec 27 2012 9:38 PM (26 replies)
  • lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 10:02 PM

Hi there everyone ----

Rather than hold a lottery or a trivia match for the 10th day of Christmas the members of the Deviations CC went a different route.   We got together and selected 10 WGT players who we have played with in the past who we believe love to play this game - but don't seem to have an overabundance of credits which they have won.

These folks don't seem to win big in the tournament circuit as shown by their overall earnings and their match play records don't indicate they are rolling in credits.   So we are hoping they can use an infusion of balls in their golf bags.    There might be some familiar names to those who read the forums and others you don't know.  Either way .. they are all good folks.

With input from many members of the CC --- BeachedMulligan, EnglishRosey, Tarheelsrule, Kyrock75 and I selected the following 10 folks .. (to represent the 10 days) and will gift them several sleeves of golf balls so they can continue to have fun playing WGT.  Hopefully some of you will seek them out for a game .. we are sure you will enjoy getting to know them.

1. Yancycan
    2. nopro17
    3. jbritton
    4. IvaThongon
    5. Andyson
    6. Sriley13
    7. edin1307
    8. etrofregor
    9. mikedeck51
    10. And finally .. the guy who started this idea MrCaddie.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of the folks we selected - look for gifts in your stockings really soon.

And of course Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone on WGT.   Sorry we didn't pick you but perhaps we can get catch you next year.    Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 10:40 PM

lvietri:
    Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

Very well done Ivietri!

I am sure these folk are going to appreciate our gesture in the true spirit of Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you sir!

• Sriley13
    235 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 12:26 AM

Thanks for the gesture lvietri!  Was a very pleasant surprise to find 2 additional sleeves of balls under my virtual Xmas tree. 

Have a very Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year!

Steve

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 12:37 AM

Some very worthy names there lvietri and once again very generous. Have a great Xmas and a Safe and Happy New Year.

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 1:53 AM

True Christmas spirit  !

dflop !

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 2:19 AM

lvietri:
    Rather than hold a lottery or a trivia match for the 10th day of Christmas the members of the Deviations CC went a different route.   We got together and selected 10 WGT players who we have played with in the past who we believe love to play this game - but don't seem to have an overabundance of credits which they have won.

Great concept and wonderful to see so many great players come through and participate in this.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 3:04 AM

SHRUDE:
    Very well done Ivietri!

Thanks .. but I was remiss when i wrote the original post.   It was BeachedMulligan (Ryan) was the one who initiated and pushed for our participation  --- I just did the grunt work. 

He's Santa and the rest of us are elves --- even me.   That is if you can picture a 300 pound elf :).

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 6:17 AM

I am humbled you guys and gals in the Deviations  would think of me to be one of the 10 to receive this gift!   Wow!  Thank you very much for the gift, the balls arrived last night.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all the members in the Deviations CC!! 

lvietri:
    He's Santa and the rest of us are elves --- even me.   That is if you can picture a 300 pound elf :).

I tried but I just couldn't Lou.  Although I did find the video of you as an elf in what must have been a school Christmas pageant when you were much younger and slimmer.  Merry Christmas Lou!!

Click on the image below to watch the video. 

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 6:26 AM

lvietri-

I'm truly humbled to be included in your list of recipients.

To you, Beachedmulligan, Tarheelsrule, Kyrock75, all the members of the Deviations Country Club and especially EnglishRosey....I thank you all so much.

Ryan, thanks for rallying the troops.

Merry Christmas to you all.

MC

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 7:04 AM

Very well done. I know most of these folks, but not all. Great way to extend the spirit.

Renni

RSS