Forums

Help › Forums

On the 10th day of Christmas ......

Thu, Dec 27 2012 9:38 PM (26 replies)
  • TarheelsRule
    5,552 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 4:06 PM

Well I guess we know who gets the lump of coal in his stocking this year.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 4:13 PM

mrcaddie:

RJ-

I'm sorry you don't feel the same way as we do. Traditionally the "12 Days" starts at another time, but my goal was to start this before Christmas and build up to Christmas Eve.

It seems to be working OK so far.....won't you join us?

MC

Totally agree Mrcaddie. We have run a 12 days of Christmas tourny on our site for the last 3 years, and it has always been run on the run in to Christmas. Theres something good about winning a prize that counts for a lot, in the the days before Christmas. Its a feel good factor, and if you happen to be 1 of those winners, then its a nice little extra bonus to be sitting over while the turkey is being carved. Sour grapes never taste good.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 4:26 PM

rjs1969:
    CHRISTMAS SPIRIT BE BUGGERED

What a stick in the mud, who gives a flying Frog,

Caddie next year create an 11 days of Christmas for these peanuts

He's even gone and opened up a whole new thread, much to his embarrassment.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 5:04 PM

TarheelsRule:

Well I guess we know who gets the lump of coal in his stocking this year.

I literally laughed out loud!!!!!!!

Thanks THR!

MC

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 5:09 PM

TWOMINUSONE:
    Theres something good about winning a prize that counts for a lot, in the the days before Christmas. Its a feel good factor

TMO-

You got it! My sentiments exactly!

Cheers

MC

• nopro17
    16,845 Posts
    Sun, Dec 23 2012 11:48 AM

lvietri:

With input from many members of the CC --- BeachedMulligan, EnglishRosey, Tarheelsrule, Kyrock75 and I selected the following 10 folks .. (to represent the 10 days) and will gift them several sleeves of golf balls so they can continue to have fun playing WGT.  Hopefully some of you will seek them out for a game .. we are sure you will enjoy getting to know them.

It took me a while to find this thread because the forum search is down ... but better late than never.

Until now, I had no idea why I received a gift from BeachedMulligan.  We had never played against each other.

I would like to thank MrCaddie for the idea of the "12 Days", the Deviations CC for stepping up and contributing 10 gifts and BeachedMulligan for playing Santa.

It's nice to be considered as something more than cannon fodder for you guys. ;-)  I try my best but we definitely play different games.

Once again, thank you for the gift and have a great holiday season!

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2012 9:38 PM

lvietri:

Hi there everyone ----

Rather than hold a lottery or a trivia match for the 10th day of Christmas the members of the Deviations CC went a different route.   We got together and selected 10 WGT players who we have played with in the past who we believe love to play this game - but don't seem to have an overabundance of credits which they have won.

These folks don't seem to win big in the tournament circuit as shown by their overall earnings and their match play records don't indicate they are rolling in credits.   So we are hoping they can use an infusion of balls in their golf bags.    There might be some familiar names to those who read the forums and others you don't know.  Either way .. they are all good folks.

With input from many members of the CC --- BeachedMulligan, EnglishRosey, Tarheelsrule, Kyrock75 and I selected the following 10 folks .. (to represent the 10 days) and will gift them several sleeves of golf balls so they can continue to have fun playing WGT.  Hopefully some of you will seek them out for a game .. we are sure you will enjoy getting to know them.

1. Yancycan
    2. nopro17
    3. jbritton
    4. IvaThongon
    5. Andyson
    6. Sriley13
    7. edin1307
    8. etrofregor
    9. mikedeck51
    10. And finally .. the guy who started this idea MrCaddie.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of the folks we selected - look for gifts in your stockings really soon.

And of course Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone on WGT.   Sorry we didn't pick you but perhaps we can get catch you next year.    Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho

Lou - I am speechless. I am not sure how I made "the list", but I want to publicly thank you and The Deviations for the wonderful Christmas present. The WGT community never ceases to amaze me. You are all wonderful.

I have not been playing as much due to work and other commitments. I managed to get home for Christmas, had some quality holiday time with my family, and just got back to my home today. I was feeling kind of sad and sorry for myself, so I thought, what the heck, why not add frustration to my laundry list of emotions and hit WGT. Lou, your message to me, and the thoughtful gift absolutely made my day. It might have even made me a bit teary eyed, but in a good way ;-)

I hope you all have enjoyed a superb Christmas filled with love and laughter, family and friends. My Christmas wish is that you all prosper in whatever you undertake in 2013. 

RSS