Forums

Help › Forums

The Twelve Days Of Christmas

Sat, Dec 22 2012 7:42 PM (9 replies)
  • rjs1969
    196 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 2:55 PM

To all of those merry makers celebrating the "12 Days" right now. YOU ARE PREMATURE IN DOING SO....

The twelve days in the song are the twelve days starting Christmas Day, or in some traditions, the day after Christmas(December 26) (Boxing Day or St. Stephen's Day, as being the feast day of St. Stephen Protomartyr) to the day before Epiphany, or the Feast of the Epiphany (January 6, or the Twelfth Day). Twelfth Night is defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as "the evening of the fifth of January, preceding Twelfth Day, the eve of the Epiphany, formerly the last day of the Christmas festivities and observed as a time of merrymaking."[3]

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 3:17 PM

If you read the OP from the creator of this great gesture you would know that he has already acknowledged that but decided to have it leading up to Christmas if that's OK with you . . . jeeez . .

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 4:24 PM

ROFLMAO, must have just read the topic title and not the post it self.

Lobsterboy:
    jeeez

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 5:09 PM

rjs1969:
    YOU ARE PREMATURE IN DOING SO....

No need to be rude.   Many of us old guys are premature at a lot of things.   We just  learn to live with it.

Ho Ho Ho ... (yes . we are premature with them too).

Merry Christmas.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 5:12 PM

x2 Lou

lmao

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 5:13 PM

rjs1969:
    To all of those merry makers celebrating the "12 Days" right now. YOU ARE PREMATURE IN DOING SO....

You feel better now?

• jeffc46221
    621 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 5:28 PM

Being premature gave me four kids...but on the OP yes its early but who cares...its the thought that counts and i for one appreciate it going on wether it be late, early, or whenever it happens. 

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 7:04 PM

Can you please dumb down your post up top there and such?
    I am just a common man and ll them fancy book words and such make it hard for a feller to get the cut of your jib, and whatnot. Just say it with normal words and I will b able to get ya and the message.

Merry Xmas
    I am YancyClaus

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 7:25 PM

HAters need to take Christmas week off :)

TY RJ for making us smarter then we were before . LOL

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 7:42 PM

Tonight is not the time for the good Players of WGT land to be this way ,

Dear Santa  ,  All we want , is for all the good little boys and girls to get along in the forums for just one day .

OPY   iaaRft

RSS