Forums

Help › Forums

Not Just for Christmas

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 23 2012 1:12 PM (6 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Dec 23 2012 11:56 AM

Just heard one of my old favorites on my sirius. the great Otis Redding, Try A Little Tenderness. Folks, we need to do this 24/7, 365 days a year. And like Louie said, What A Wonderful World This Would Be. I am getting way to soft and sentimental in my old age, but I have seen and heard enough pain and sorrow in my life. That nut case that killed the lady in the church yesterday and the other two people. That was not far from where I was born and raised. Sad, unexplainable, no understanding at all. I wish all members of WGT, will take a deep breath, look in the mirror, and just ask yourself, What act of of kindness, or tenderness, can I do today. A smile is free, a kind word is free, a simple gesture of concern or compassion is free. I  went to the store this morning to get more stuff to make Jerky for my friends. I saw an old man, who I have seen for the last 2 years, walking up the side of the road pushing his grocery cart full of useless stuff. This is probably all he owns. He never asks for anything, doesn't hold up a sign begging, will not accept a ride. I stopped, and he was really concerned, wondering what I was about to do. I told him to go to the Comfort Inn a mile up the road, and tell the desk clerk that he was Renniw52, I wrote it on a piece of paper for him. I got a king room with a jacuzzi tub through Jan 1st. I had enough points on my Choice Priviledges account to get the room free. The girl at the desk was going to size him up when, and if he shows up. I gave her $200.00 to buy him a coat, and a fresh change of clothes, and some grooming items. He will have Xmas dinner at Golden Corral across the street. The desk clerk called me an hour ago, and said she saw this old man out in the parking lot. She asked him if he was Renniw52, he told her no, his name was Jacob. She told him his room was ready, and he was all ready checked in. They even put a cheese and cracker tray in his room, veggies with dip, and assorted cold cuts. My Xmas is complete.

Try a little tenderness.

Renni

• craigswan
    31,576 Posts
    Sun, Dec 23 2012 12:00 PM

your one in a million renni .

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sun, Dec 23 2012 12:06 PM

very very nice my friend

craigswan:
    your one in a million renni .

i agree with above statement wholeheartedly 

ps. workin on the heaven points?? lol

Merry Xmas

jerky comes when?

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Dec 23 2012 12:12 PM

G, are you begging, or just asking nice?

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sun, Dec 23 2012 12:17 PM

ya aint got the right equipment for me to beg

lmao

pertty please?

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sun, Dec 23 2012 12:31 PM

renniw52:

Just heard one of my old favorites on my sirius. the great Otis Redding, Try A Little Tenderness. Folks, we need to do this 24/7, 365 days a year. .............Try a little tenderness.

Renni

So we can all have a listen

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Dec 23 2012 1:12 PM

I don't need the heaven points G. I think where I'm going is all ready decided, and I am not sure where that is. The tenderness is not just to tease her and squeeze her. It's for everybody in the world.

RSS