Forums

Help › Forums

It's very nearly New Years Eve - so why am I sad ?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 30 2012 2:49 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Sat, Dec 29 2012 6:51 PM

I live in Thailand, the tucker is brilliant, the girl are orgeous and the climate is wonderful.

Well, its my birthday tomorrow, and I've had a few.

As a child a birthday boy on NYE means you just get one present at Xmas which doubles for your birthday, at least that was my experience.

As you grow older the birthday experience is totally outweighed by the general celebrations of the new year. Noone gives a stuff that its my birthday.

I've been to parties, pubs and even went to Edinburgh once , walking down Princes street waiting for the damned pubs to open at lunchtime.  Before all day drinking was invented.

I've spent Christmas / New Year abroad in places like Toronto ( family, duh ), Tenerife and Greece, but can hardly recall any of these experiences with any fondness.

Why is that, I am not a miserable old fart , and am generally the bon viveur of social gatherings, unti I get too pissed to make any sense. I have a tendency to over imbibe all too often

So what will tomorrow bring, well I am happily stocked up and will undoubtedly be seriously under the afluence of incahol before noon.

Wishing all you nice people a very happy and lucky 2013. or 2556 in Thailand.  We are 543 years and a few hours ahead of you lot., LOL

• BIGAL123
    202 Posts
    Sat, Dec 29 2012 7:24 PM

Happy New Year AND Happy Birthday to you.  Hope 2013 brings you all the best !!

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Sat, Dec 29 2012 8:02 PM

To have lived and travelled as you have, you are truly blessed. If I may, a point of reference. I am a fisherman, not commercial, but in my soul, this is what I do. All that I had aquired to enable me in this pursuit was taken from me, a camp, a boat, and most importantly, the time to enjoy it. Now, I have a fishing rod and reel, and while I have the strength, I have gone back to my childhood ways of stream fishing, when I am able, and time allows. I guess what I'm trying to say here is, make the best of what you have, enjoy, it may not be the "Ritz" but it still beats takin' a dirt nap. BTW Happy Birthday !

Doc :)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Dec 29 2012 8:08 PM

oneeyedjohn:
    As you grow older the birthday experience is totally outweighed by the general celebrations of the new year. Noone gives a stuff that its my birthday.

I'm in a similar boat with my b`day.   It's on July 1st, being so close to the 4th of July, just ends up being a party for that in stead.  

Although for me,  I'm ok with it,  I just extend my birthday drinking over a few days.  ;-)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Dec 29 2012 9:02 PM

Well Happy Birthday .......and I won't mention the New Year lol. Thailand is one of my favorite places in Asia and yes the women are drop dead gorgeous. I used to go to Thailand solely to play golf, some very nice courses and a good place for relaxation.

Have a great 2013 and that goes for all WGTers wherever you are on the planet.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Sat, Dec 29 2012 9:20 PM

Nice posts above - thank you.

My wife has just got a stunning young girl round to help clean the house, it really is very distracting, so much so I could only shoot a 33 at STA front.

How can one concentrate with a dazzling long legged, nice titties, long black flowing hair, beauty prancing round outside.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Dec 29 2012 9:34 PM

oneeyedjohn:
    My wife has just got a stunning young girl round to help clean the house

LMAO - you have broken the golden rule (or your wife did) - only employ an ugly helper - keeps you out of trouble and removes all temptation!!!!

Learn't that from my first training captain in HK.

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Sat, Dec 29 2012 9:39 PM

Happy Birthday! 

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Dec 29 2012 10:49 PM

Hiya John,

I can relate to what you have said, my Birthday was on the 27th.

Same deal with the pressies :)

And hard to get a party for my birthday, coz everyone is already booked.

But at my age, its good just to have a few friends around and 'get into it'.

Sometime we reflect on our history and recognise choices we could have made, this can sometimes bring us down.

I would love to have my birthday on NYE!

At least tit could be a double reason for a party. and Imagine all the fireworks and celebrations on YOUR DAY!

Cheers mate, I'll have a toast for your birthday on Johns Birthday Eve!

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Sat, Dec 29 2012 11:01 PM

SHRUDE:

Cheers mate, I'll have a toast for your birthday on Johns Birthday Eve!

No harm in starting early, as soon as the sun is over the yardarm , I am at it, LOL

• PAGES
RSS