Forums

Help › Forums

Need 2 know

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:25 PM (6 replies)
  • dryspot
    727 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2012 8:16 PM

I  was just wondering how much do you guy's add or take off for wind.

Lets say you got a 20 mph tail wind or  vise versa i just want 2 get better.

But im not 2 good with the math as you all might call it any help would be appreicated.

thanks     dryspot

• Saint006
    83 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2012 9:03 PM

gotta pay attenton tte fla is the wind off and on or constant. i normally do yard per mph bu if its 10 or more i add a little, im not perfect but it works

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2012 9:35 PM

I usually just solve the math problem by adding/subtracting all of the variables.

Distance + elevation + Wind

So you have a 150 yard shot to the pin with 3 yards up elevation and a 10 MPH tail wind.

150 yards + 3 yards minus tail wind = 145 yards 

And I use backspin when needed to compensate for the wind & to slow it down and land somewhere within 10 yards of the pin. It's not 100% accurate all the time but gets me close most of the time. You can also use your calculator in Windows or other software to do the math for you rather quickly. Just leave it on your tool bar as you play.

Happy New Year!

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:28 PM

dryspot:

Lets say you got a 20 mph tail wind or  vise versa i just want 2 get better.

But im not 2 good with the math

Keep it simple.

If you are driving with tail wind ride the wind with back spin.

If you ar driving with head wind leave the spin alone or add a little top spin to get under it a bit.

Approach is different.

I generally take about 50 - 60% off for tail wind and add 60 - 70% for head wind.

But again, it depends on the club you are using and hof much trajectory is employed, the higher the trajectory the more i add or subtract.

try 50% for both see how you go, and adjust from there.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2012 11:10 PM

SgtBilko has posted a wind chart in the forums, it does nothing for me, as I can't be doing with all that calculating crap, but you might like it.

Feel, my wife likes it , and so does my golf.

• dryspot
    727 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 12:13 AM

thanks guys 4 your help i really do appreicate it happy gaming.

dryspot

• Saint006
    83 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:25 PM

Don't forget to take the remainder and square root  of 64,000 and multiply that by how calculators are in my shirt pocket. if you follow these easy steps nothing but cup.

RSS