Help › Forums

HAPPY NEW YEAR! from SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 1 2013 1:58 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:14 PM

Great photos and Sydney always puts on the best firework display for New Years (note - I am Biased) celebrations. The best view point if you can get is from the water - moored in Lavender Bay. But if you can't con someone into taking a yacht or launch, anywhere from Kirribilli to Blues Point reserve will give an awesome view point, provided you are not adverse to crowds lol

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:36 PM

alanti:

Great photos and Sydney always puts on the best firework display for New Years (note - I am Biased) celebrations. The best view point if you can get is from the water - moored in Lavender Bay. But if you can't con someone into taking a yacht or launch, anywhere from Kirribilli to Blues Point reserve will give an awesome view point, provided you are not adverse to crowds lol

I've been saving up for years for a hotel room facing the bridge.  If maybe I can book it in for 5 yrs time... that will be my dream :). 

-Roger

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:31 PM

WGTadmin2, what the heck are you doing online? : )

Happy New Year everyone!!!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:05 PM

Nice, but spending £5M on fireworks is a strange priority. Just my opinion.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:39 PM

hyena64:
    Happiest of New Years to ya!

And to you too!

Be careful if you open a bottle of bubbly, it may not seem in a list of priorities :)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jan 1 2013 1:13 AM

courteneyfish:

Nice, but spending £5M on fireworks is a strange priority. Just my opinion.

Whilst I do respect your opinion, the influx of tourists into Sydney for the fireworks does generate coniderable revenue. I know for a fact most flights into Sydney in the days leading up to NY's eve are at, or close to capacity.

I would equate it to having the Olympics but canning the Opening and Closing Ceremonies....but thats just my opinion.

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Tue, Jan 1 2013 1:26 AM
    And all those gr8 pics where taken from your garden i hope Shrude,very nice pics. Happy New Year to you.
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jan 1 2013 1:44 AM

LOL he has a very nice pad indeed. Most of the pics look like from Mosman or Cremorne Point - pretty average neighbourhoods, especially Mosman - its full of animals!

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Jan 1 2013 1:58 AM

alanti:
    Most of the pics

...stolen from smh.com.au

I think they are mainly from Lady Macquaries Chair and Kirribilli, with a couple 'o chopper shots in there too.

• PAGES
RSS