Help › Forums

Opinion's appreciated

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 7 2013 11:03 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Fatherbrown
    282 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2013 11:49 PM

What is considered winning @ this WGT virtual golf game?   Making tour legend or earning all the awards that are so difficult? 

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 12:58 AM

I consider having fun and making friends makes you a winner.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 4:25 AM

courteneyfish:
    I consider having fun

Yep thats about the size of it..  

although, if yu play against another player, you could win the game.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 6:35 AM

Winning @ this Wgt game.

1. Making friends from all over the world, and all levels of life.

2. Getting to know these folks, even though you have never met them.

3. Total honesty in your play, integrity in your tier and level.

4. Maturing in the game, where you can post without all the daily complaining and accusing. This took me quite awhile.

5. Willingness to help the newer players whenever you can.

6. Get the same satisfaction from losing, as you do from winning, when you know it was an honest friendly game.

7. If you get hosed by a dishonest player, let it be. Contact WGT, rather than starting a vicious post.

8. Having total respect for all players. Exercise your brain, before exercising the keyboard in chats during a game.

9. The list goes on and on and on, have fun, play your best, don't let your win/loss % dictate who you are, or how you behave.

10. Realize that this is just a game, a virtual game. It is not an occupation. It is far from perfect, by design in my opinion. But so be it. 

11. NEXT

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 7:30 AM

making it thru a sleeve of balls without looz'n one ... :) 

alway's my fault .. if i do... but sure have a LOTTA funn .. play'n with a buncha cool folks..

i don't play for creds...i will try the occasional free turny.. but find them stressful and i start getting irritated at myself... 

the last 6 months or so i really made a point to only friend ppl that don't take the game so serious...that can win or looz a friendly 9 hole round with class.. 

so ..when a group gets together .. SURE we all wanna win...but a friend with tru sportsmanship will understand it just wasn't his day if someone else shoots a lil lower score.. 

i enjoy see'n a good friend get HOT .. i know how good it makes me feel so i pull FOR EM... SO its really NOT all about winning .. don't even keep up with the AWARDS .. i do try to play my best an strive to get better EVERY day... but mainly enjoy just play'n with other's ... 

peace ..

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 7:37 AM

The day you fall in love with this Game ,its community, a Great CC.  And you act with class every day,  you stay honnest,do the best you can,  well you are a winner in my book. 

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 7:45 AM

renniw52:

Winning @ this Wgt game.

1. Making friends from all over the world, and all levels of life.

2. Getting to know these folks, even though you have never met them.

3. Total honesty in your play, integrity in your tier and level.

4. Maturing in the game, where you can post without all the daily complaining and accusing. This took me quite awhile.

5. Willingness to help the newer players whenever you can.

6. Get the same satisfaction from losing, as you do from winning, when you know it was an honest friendly game.

7. If you get hosed by a dishonest player, let it be. Contact WGT, rather than starting a vicious post.

8. Having total respect for all players. Exercise your brain, before exercising the keyboard in chats during a game.

9. The list goes on and on and on, have fun, play your best, don't let your win/loss % dictate who you are, or how you behave.

10. Realize that this is just a game, a virtual game. It is not an occupation. It is far from perfect, by design in my opinion. But so be it. 

11. NEXT

excellent list, it's all about respect!

LD

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 7:52 AM

if im not having fun, i just shut it sown for the day

• Timmytoastman
    567 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 8:25 AM

The shot that keeps you coming back for more!

• HacMcDuffer
    1,094 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:18 AM

• PAGES
RSS