Help › Forums

Please tell me that I am not losing my mind

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 14 2013 9:54 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DaveGH
    34 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2013 4:14 PM

For the last few days i have been unable to put a round together due to stuttered tee shots, sliding drives and distance hit which bear no resemblance to what my two year's + experience on here tells me to hit. Today I lost three balls and scored a 9 on a hole and I have also posted a couple of 7s...what is happening??? BTW I am supposed to be of Legend status but wouldn't fancy my chances against a Hacker with basic kit. This is reflecting in my normal good humour with my playing partners...I will have nobody to play with soon....sort me out WGT.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2013 4:49 PM

Dave, you are absolutely not losing your mind. This piece of total $hit game has gone down the tubes. I have not gone off for a long time, and was hoping I never had to again. After the last few weeks of playing, I have come to the conclusion that I am better off watching the grass turn brown, than to even bother trying to play this crap. Game after game after game, being 3-4 under after 4 or 5 holes and then can't hit a shot to save my ass. It is not me or my damn computer. I REPEAT, it is not me. The joke is on WGT. No more trying to play a ranked stroke round. Done wasting the hits on the balls. When I see my friends green, I will get an AS going or play my single hole each night just to know I did. For the players still having the fantastic games, shooting mid 20's for 9 and low 50's for 18, Lets's keep this civil. I know who you are, you know who I am, so out of friendship and professional courtesy, let's not get into any confrontations. I will even try to stay off the forums as much as possible so I don't keep fuming. If I have something positive or humorous to add then I will. A very fun, enjoyable past time has been destroyed for some reason. If I start out with par, bogey, bogey that is one thing, to start out with bird, bird eagle, and then bogey, bogey, bogey, double bogey, that is again, NOT ME. Take the sandbagging VEM and apply it to the crooked SOB's on here, not the honest players who have tried to add to the community. So much for being a so called Legend, I ran the marathon and got my legs broke for getting there. I will see my friends at night for some fun games and conversation, the 15 different type of balls I have in my bag should last for months. I won't have to deposit another penny for a while. My Nikes will be gone very fast, but I still have a red ball, a green ball, a baseball, and one that spews champagne just before it goes out of bounds. Oh. did I mention, I still love the game, just not what has happened to it.

• dredshot
    17 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2013 5:28 PM

hey renniw52, right on brother! my wgt experience is only short but i find your downward score spiraling during a game a very apt description of my experiences, particularly after i started spending more money on clubs. wind & green speed/cross slope effects are SO inconsistant, i've been in virtually the same spot with completely different outcomes on many occasions. its doing my head in & destroying my initial thoughts that this was an awesome game! you can spend a lot of time calculating a shot for some totally random outcome. i am coming to the belief that anyone who can score less than 5 or less under on 18 holes has found the cheats. shame also that when you find a good game, its made harder by exponential difficulty instead of player pressure to maintain performance like real life. where else can you find headwinds up & back on every fairway? do wgt programers even read any of this whinging waffle or are we just bitchin to each other for an outlet in some vain desperate hope that we might have an answer or help each other. i spose its too bad you can belt your balls through their clubhouse windows ha!

• DaveGH
    34 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 4:10 PM

For your amusement WGT...my latest scores...I have been trying to master this game for 2years+ and progressing to Legend status but this latest piece of crap has been doing my head in....15ft putts travelling 1 inch;  half inch sliders going oob off the tee; chips 15ft wide , three balls lost in a day, a 9 recorded on a hole...and so on. Not a good advert for the game if you ask me. And don't say it is my computer...totally cleaned down, and virus free.

Compare these score to what i was doing last month...do I need sectioned or am I being played?

St Andrews Links: The Old Course Front 9 Legend 42
    01.11.13 St Andrews Links: The Old Course Front 9 Legend 41
    01.10.13 St Andrews Links: The Old Course Front 9 Legend 42
    01.10.13 Wk 2 9-hole Single Play Back 9 Legend 37

Replays
  • DaveGH
    34 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 3:15 PM

Hit even today...out of Hell but still in Purgatory....lol

• Glossopade
    518 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 3:26 PM

Just lost two balls in two shots at my favourite hole on Congressional ( not ) for absolutely no reason whatsoever. I can only assume the 'Pondmonster' was hungry.

Came back to the forums, 'cause I can't afford to even play practice rounds any more !

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 5:52 PM

If you rotate only the hand on this picture 180 degrees, I think you may get an idea about how much WGT cares about your game issues.

Doc :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 6:36 PM

renniw52:
    This piece of total $hit game has gone down the tubes. I have not gone off for a long time, and was hoping I never had to again.

[yawn]

• DaveGH
    34 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 4:30 PM

I'm back folks with a solid -1 and no unexpected shots shots

• DaveGH
    34 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2013 9:04 AM

5 birdie, no bogey round...can someone explain the whole of last week?

• PAGES
RSS