Help › Forums

I'm out of here!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 13 2013 10:36 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • rosson1
    169 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 1:43 AM
    It was a whole bunch of fun for a long while...and yes, i DO get the notion of an increase in the difficulty of the game as one progresses. That's fine but of late there are way too many factors beyond my control to make this game enjoyable anymore. The breaks related to 'Timed Out' messages in amongst a game means that while it affects my game and any notion of concentration, it also means there's no way i'm going to play an alt game now for fear of being timed out of that game and stuffing others around. Little things like a ball resting on the edge of a hole when there is no way physics would allow that to occur. Balls landing in bunkers despite a clean and good shot away from it...then for some weird reason the ball does this turn and heads straight for the damn bunkers! Not one or two occasions, but more often than one would allow under 'Murphy's Law'. I'm not sure who operates and manages this game but clearly, and understandably, the $ factor has a huge influence. Alas, there are some who will never rise to the point of winning RGs or tourney's or reaching the dizzying heights of shooting in the mid to low 50s! And if the game was fair and reasonable and if we all had an even playing field from which to develop, then it'd be fine. But we don't. There are those among us who feel that having a second or third account, and blowing people away in tourney's because they've had the luxury of playing this game before and knowing the landscape ( virtual) is all ok...christ, it's a virtual game and who the heck is going to really know who they are anyway. The costs associated with this game are beyond reasonable. 650 credit balls that last a few games...balls that are supposed to slow the meter down but as they drive into the red, well, they're faster and more chaotic than the no name balls. resale of clubs is a joke. WGT - you guys make a packet...it's a business, i get that and good on you all for the common dog F*&k to latch onto something as good as this for a money spinner...but some of us are poor old punters who fall into that honey pot of thinking that if we purchase this you beaut piece of equipment and practise REAL hard, then geez...who knows how high up we'll get to.. A pig just flew past my window too. For whom does the ball roll well? Well, i can tell you - despite the countless games, lessons from very very kind individuals, and stacks of real time (not virtual) money spent, it ain't fn me. So, i'll be cashing in all my equipment, donating that to a CC that offered me more support on here than i realised (silly me), and the $1800 I've spent will be a lesson to me not to be such an idiot. perhaps i'll save to buy some golf clubs and go out and bash a ball around a field and have no one else to blame except myself...and believe me, that will be so good! So cheerio and to all those souls who spent time helping me and just playing what was a good game with me, thanks so very much...if i met you in person i'd buy you a beer. Ralph. PS: I am not opening another account and restarting...i couldn't look at myself in the mirror of a morning:)) Take care and happy hunting. Clean your caches, and dump those cookies guys.
  • courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 1:48 AM

Sorry to see you go. This site has bugs and errors but then so do they all.

• rosson1
    169 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 1:52 AM

Thanks Court...probably right but my daughter introduced this site to me from chrome and i am not really clued up about gaming sites...

Take care:)

R

• Raelenerose
    2,966 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 2:10 AM

Yes very sorry to see you go Ralph...totally agree with what you have said ..but i'm addicted unfortunately and have many many great friendships within the game and enjoy the time i spend with all of them .....when you do get those clubs and hit the paddock...hit em well and take care.

your friend , Raels

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 5:42 AM

Just take a little break ros, don't throw in the towel yet. I have more than my share of issues with this game, but can't see myself leaving my friends. This is like my old mans facebook, the only thing I do on a computer that isn't business related.

• Smkyplyr984
    20 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 5:50 AM

yes this game is starting to suck,,,,, i mite be cashing in too soon,,,, it s a rip off and unfair play like you  said....

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 6:01 AM

Roson Dont make me come looking for you my man......I agree with Ren take a hiatus and re evaluate. Maybe WGT will decide to actually do an update that fixes some of the issues that are obviously involved in the software.

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 6:42 AM

this game will always be shyte for the simple reason wgt r not interested in fixing anything as long as they take take take more money i just hope this other golf game perfect paralell gets under way soon sink this bunch of idiots once and for all my granny could programme this crap better than them 

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 7:17 AM

In one year and seven months playing, I quited this game once and have taken about 20 breaks of more than fifteen days not playing.  WGT is very challenging, there are some guys out there with two, three, four and even more years playing in a daily basis, so, no wonder why they can shoot mid 50's while my rate is around 63+.  It's tiring sometimes but at the end .... IT'S JUST A GAME !!!  One can drop it, come back to it later, then drop it again and so on .... If I enjoy it ... I play ... If I don't enjoy it ... I take a break ... Simple !

• pingpingzingping
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 8:34 AM

can ihave ur golf clubs.........................................

• PAGES
RSS