Forums

Help › Forums

GETTING ROBBED

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 2 2010 10:25 AM (37 replies)
  • TJH964
    17 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 12:21 AM

HI I WAS WRITING TO SEE HOW TO FIX A PARTICULAR PROBLEM OR GLITCH I AM HAVING WITH THE GAME. #1 THE SPACEBAR DOES NOT SKIP A SPACE WHEN I AM CHATTING WITH SOMEONE.  #2 I PURCHASED 2000 CREDITS TO BUY SOME BETTER EQUIPMENT AND THE GAME WILL NOT LET ME UTILIZE THESE CLUBS WHICH ARE THE AMATEUR LEVEL PING DRIVER AND PUTTER #3  I ALSO PURCHASED SOME GOLFBALLS THAT I ALSO CANNOT USE.  ANY HELP WITH THESE PROBLEMS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 12:58 AM

TJH,

Space bar works in chat for me, so I think that is a hardware issue on your end (just a guess though). Have you tried it in Word or Notepad or some text editor to see if it is working outside of wgt?

Once you purchase clubs, you have to equip them in your bag in order to use them. If you haven't done this yet, you need to. Click 'edit equipment' in your profile and un-check the old driver, then drag and drop the new one to replace it (then SAVE the changes).

Same with the golf balls, you have to equip your bag with those too!

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 1:04 AM

1: The chatbox may have been lagging when you hit the space bar.  Of course considering that your Shift key seems to be sticking i'd say this is the least of your worries (no geniune offence but i hate it when people type in all caps).

2 and 3: You may have had some problems regarding the tier level of the clubs compared to the tier level you entered a tournament at.  If you enter a tourney at Hack Level, reach Amateur Level and buy amateur level clubs, you can only use the Hack level clubs for that tourney (exception: Multi-Tier tourneys such as the open qualifiers).  Of course come the next tourney you enter you'll be competing at amateur level and be able to use the clubs you bought.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 8:03 AM

Robbed??

I have been robbed, never seen so many .1 putts in my life, why wont they drop. is there a conspiracy

Love this drug i mean golf.

keep it in the short stuff

soup

• TJH964
    17 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 11:51 AM

I BOUGHT A NEW KEYBOARD OF THE SAME MANUFACTURER AND THE SPACEBAR STILL DOES NOT WORK BUT WILL KEEP TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT.  I ALSO HAVE 2007 MICROSOFT OFFICE STUDENT EDITION AND IT WORKS FINE IN WORD. IT ALSO WORKS ON MY KEYBOARDING PRO TOO. THERE HAS TO BE SOME LITTLE GLITCH THAT IS BEING OVERLOOKED, ALSO PURCHASED CLUBS BUT SEEMS TO BE NO HELP IN PUTTING 3 PUTTING EVERY HOLE EVEN WHEN STRIKING THE BALL ON THE CENTER MARK,  MY AVERAGE IS NOT GOING UP SO WGT STOP MESSING WITH ME AND LET MY AVERAGE GO DOWN BECAUSE I WILL QUIT EVERY TIME UNTIL THE PUTTS START DROPPING BECAUSE THEY ARE HITTING THE HOLES.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 12:22 PM

TJH964:
    BECAUSE I WILL QUIT EVERY TIME
    if you quit every time your average won't move.  You have to finish a game for the averages to move.

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 3:47 PM

TJH964:
    3 PUTTING EVERY HOLE EVEN WHEN STRIKING THE BALL ON THE CENTER MARK

This game is very true to real golf in that no matter how loudly you ring the bell or how hard you hit the sweet spot or even if you strike the ball on the center mark, you must have the speed correct and you MUST read the putt correctly and that takes practice, PRACTICE and, oh yes....P R A C T I C E!  If you have the right speed and the putts are "lipping out", then you didn't read the putt correctly....close, but no cigar.

TJH964:
    WGT STOP MESSING WITH ME

Why would WGT want to "mess" with you?  I've seen this complaint a lot;  that WGT is involved in some some super-secret conspiracy to screw with their clientele, and all I can come up with is...WHY?  The parameters of the game are the same for everyone.  Sure, the wind blows, and the fescue is thick, and the water is wet...but it is what it is...be it hard, easy or otherwise. This is the game.  Do you think Jordan, early on, thought Spalding what messing with him because all his shots bounced off the rim?  No.  He practiced and learned how to put the ball through the hoop.

Nobody ever learns this game. Just play, improve and most of all, Have fun.  

And for all those out there that give up after a bad hole, you cannot play from a high horse. (the clubs aren't long enough) You may not be as good as you think you are.  All the more reason to stick it out to the end of the round. Giving up will not teach you to drive, chip, pitch or putt.  It will only teach you to quit.

Glitches? Meter lags?   SO???  It happens to all of us (well, most anyway) Accept it as part of the game and learn to recover from them (as in real golf).  And there is no need to announce the reason for a bad shot.  It's only added negative energy that we all can do with less of.

OK, I'm done. (for now)

d.

• TJH964
    17 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 4:16 PM

I KNOW YOU ARE NOT MESSING WITH ANYONE BUT IT IS WEIRD AS TO WHY I HAVE INVESTED MY MONEY INTO CLUBS AND HAVE PLAYED ABOUT 50 GAMES AND AM PLAYING HACKERS AND THEY ARE BEATING ME BY 5 SHOTS COMING TO THE LAST HOLE OF PLAY.  IF THISI IS THE WAY THIS GAME IS DESIGNED I REGRET TO SAY THAT I WILL HAVE TO RETIRE FROM THIS APPLICATION AND CONTINUE PLAYING MY TIGER WOODS ON WII 2010 AND 2011 IF THINGS DO NOT TURN AROUND QUICKLY. 1 BIRDIE AND SEE HOW LONG I HAVE BEEN PLAYING AND PERSONALLY I WOULD NOT WANT TO KNOW YOU PROGRAMMERS ANYWAY BECAUSE YOU ALL RIG IT THE WAY YOU WANT TO AND SUCKER PEOPLE IN ANYWAY. I WILL TRY TO CONTINUE AND ENJOY THE GAME BUT WILL NOT INVEST ANY MORE MONEY UNTIL THE BALLS START DROPPING BEFORE THE THIRD SHOT.

• ljbast
    943 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 4:40 PM

TJH964:
    I WILL TRY TO CONTINUE AND ENJOY THE GAME BUT WILL NOT INVEST ANY MORE MONEY UNTIL THE BALLS START DROPPING BEFORE THE THIRD SHOT.

you want 2 on every hole?

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 5:02 PM

hate to break it to ya,  but I have been playig for more then a year  and have over 500 ranked rounds to your 33   and  I have yet to master,  no pun intended,  this game. It takes  way more the 3 weeks to figure out the  little things that give  you the best chance at birds and eagles, and even then you have to  learn how to putt,   Take a deep breath and keep spankin whitey and relax! Treat it as a game and learn it then bytch about it.

RSS