Forums

Help › Forums

GETTING ROBBED

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 2 2010 10:25 AM (37 replies)
  • TJH964
    17 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 5:49 PM

OK I GUESS I AM BEING A BIG BABY AND WANTING THINGS TO COME QUICKLY BUT IN GOLF NOTHING EVER COMES QUICKLY SO I WILL JUST ENJOY THE GAME AND QUIT ACTING LIKE A _____.  I WILL JUST BE CAUTIOUS ABOUT INVESTING TOO MUCH MONEY AND COMPLETE MY ROUNDS AND HOPE TO MAKE A FEW FRIENDS BOTH FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC AND THE GAME SHOULD INCREASE SOONER OR LATER.

• TJH964
    17 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 6:11 PM

NO MAYBE 3 ON SOME BUT WANT SOME 2 PUTTS, PARS, OR EVEN BIRDIES JUST NOT ALL 3 PUTTS ALL THE TIME.  WANT TO GET MY BENEFITS OUT OF THE GAME AS IN REAL GOLF.

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 6:20 PM

Also, when you buy clubs, you have to have a certain rank to buy some of them- it says that right in the description.  So, if you're a hacker and you buy 'pro' clubs, you won't be able to use them.  I'm not sure if the game will allow you to buy clubs that are above your level or not. 

I've been playing the game for about 3 months, and while I've got the tee-to-green figured out pretty well, the putting comes and goes.  It's like real golf- just when you think you have it figured out, well, you find out you haven't!  The chipping was my problem at first, until I read a post from a player and realized that the chips and pitches are a total crapshoot.  Once I bailed on those shots, my scores got better.

As for your comment that 'the fix is in' by WGT, well, that's ridiculous.  The game is FREE!  If you don't like it, don't play.  I see some unbelievably low scores in the game- obviously there are a number of players who are pretty damn good at this!

One more thing that I didn't think of when I first started playing- again, someone had to tell me online- is that when you buy better balls, it slows down the swing speed.  I upgraded my clubs a while ago, but played the 'starter' balls, and found I couldn't handle the swing meter and actually went back to the starter clubs.  Once I found a ball that made the swing speed a little easier, the clubs started working the way I thoght they should.

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 6:36 PM
    Dude, Turn, Off, Your, Caps, Lock!!!!
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 7:24 PM

Good attitude there TJH.  Have you tried playing Kiawah, the Ocean course?  The greens are more like those you'd experience at your local course.  If you've been playing St. Andrews or Oakmont then I can see why you've been 3 putting.  Wait until those two courses are no longer in the mix for Open qualifying with their super-fast greens... then the greens will be more forgiving.

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 7:42 PM

Doublemochaman:
    If you've been playing St. Andrews or Oakmont then I can see why you've been 3 putting.

I find the greens at Bethpage to be the easiest to putt.  While the course can be really difficult, depending on how far your clubs go, the putting is the easiest of the 4 courses, in my opinion.  When I think I've lost it on the greens, I play over there and realize that it's not necessarily me.. the greens on some courses are really tough.

• TJH964
    17 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 8:23 PM

DUDE MY COMP. GOLF GAME IS GOING INTO RETIREMENT FOR ABOUT A WEEK.  I AM SO DARN FRUSTRATED WITH THE PROGRAMMERS FOR THIS GAME THE ONLY COLOR I SEE IS RED  I TRIED KIAWAH AND THE FIRST 2 HOLES WERE GREAT THEN THE GAME JUST WENT DOWN FROM THERE,  I AM USED TO PLAYING PAR GOLF AND LIKE MY REAL GAME IF IT IS NOT COMPETETIVE I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY SO I WILL JUST TAKE A BREAK FOR A WHILE AND HOPE THESE ISSUES WILL BE SOLVED BECAUSE I PLAYED BETTER THAN THIS AS A HACKER ON HERE.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 8:42 PM

CMcCartney727:
    the greens on some courses are really tough.

I like to play the Kawiah course and the ability to get it close is relativly easy but the putting can be murder, even from close range.I've missed some, what I thought were easy putts, that would of really put me low.

BPB has got some easy greens but it's hard to get it really close.But it still leaves you with a fairly easy putt, most of the time.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 8:45 PM

TJH964:
    SO I WILL JUST ENJOY THE GAME AND QUIT ACTING LIKE A _____. 

I'll go out on a limb and try my best to fill in that blank...is it CAPS LOCKER?

• bruxy
    2 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 9:20 PM

hey im wondering how i can get enough credits to enter a tournament without havin to pay with a credit card or pay money at all?? anyone know???

RSS