Forums

Help › Forums

Raise your hand if you're playing less these days

Mon, Mar 30 2015 1:49 AM (81 replies)
  • Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2013 1:04 PM

drmoose:
    ... the symptoms of this "illness", perhaps it's time to identify the illness itself, and by this I mean (of course) the last round of manipulation of the VEM/deviations that have sucked the enjoyment out of this game for what I believe is a majority of the players ...

Still ... only a few privileged ones seem to be unaffected by the VEM-Syndrome ... what do they know ? ... how do they do it ? ... how can they play over, and over and over and never have tech failures, get metered or severe deviations ? ... The more one knows, the more one suspects something's not right ... either one's computer or who knows what ! ... Discouraging ... very discouraging :/ ... for the RGT's I mean ! (so far).

• mickb74
    290 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2013 1:44 PM

hi,i aint a great believer in this vem o whatever its called,but ....................just was playing a stroke play game with an american guy,name escapes me.was at sta ...i was 4 under par after 7 ..to be honest..the shots id played ...missed theding by miles etc and to finish so close to the holes when in other games id have been inthe rough or fescue etc ..but to think..."oh crap",,,thats a gonner..but to see it end up within 5 inch ..anyway was 4 under after 7 hols was kinda one of my best rounds ..but got disconnected,and wouldnt let me back for what seemed like 3 hours...also never happened before ,,,always been able to re-boot..return within the time ...not tonight though ...oh well

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2013 3:28 PM

I'm in the same boat with you PH. I was a nut, couldn't wait to get on the lap top and play WGT. Whole family thought I was crazy. I really don't care if I play now or not. I sign in, check the forums, if I see some friends on, I will try to get an AS or a match going. For those who remember some of my posts, I was never a computer nut. I refused to even try one until 3 years ago when I had to for business. The only thing I do on this, other than business is WGT. Now it is almost all business. Like PH said, the free Dove ball every day was a little something to look forward to. No such thing anymore, why, that was costing WGT money, I knew people who had them by the dozens, and used them. I was up to 26 of them. I used those balls to go from Master to TM. I kept one just for nostalgia. I find it hard (impossible) to believe that WGT doesn't have any advertisers on here that will offer a free ball a day. For crying out loud, it can be lost in one shot, and WGT can surely make that happen. 

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2013 4:41 PM

PeterHopper:

As for me, I am happy in the knowledge that this great game is still here. Even if I were to disappear for a couple of weeks, I know I can have a fun game. With that mindset I can spend just $20 a month to keep me and my CC in balls. But I should be playing a lot more, and perhaps spending double that.

Agreed Peter except I'd never inject my own $20 a year, much less a month, with state of affairs.  As much as I want I can't quit all together.  I'll just keep taking weeks off here and there, cutting play back, and never playing anymore MPC.  

I'm waiting to see what upgrades they give us to the Elite Collection.  It sure seems like they would have had the other additions firmly in place before they snatched away the only item in the Collection that people wanted.  If additions are bogus then I plan to gift everything I can to LONG TIME FRIENDS who can't fund their ball habit through play so they don't have to spend their hard earned money on a business that has little regard for it's customers.  I'll also continue using the 400+ GISD and SD2 balls I have in my bag so I don't give back $9 a day in ball money.

That said, please don't send me a friend invite in the hopes that I will gift you balls.  Not looking for any new random friends unless we play together first and I like the way you carry yourself.  

NOTE   ****I despise beggars!

P.S.  I'm disgusted in myself.  I believe I have made over 10 posts this week.  Much prefer to spend my time on the course than in the clubhouse but just don't feel like playing.

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2013 5:46 PM

jakestanfill7:

PeterHopper:

As for me, I am happy in the knowledge that this great game is still here. Even if I were to disappear for a couple of weeks, I know I can have a fun game. With that mindset I can spend just $20 a month to keep me and my CC in balls. But I should be playing a lot more, and perhaps spending double that.

Agreed Peter except I'd never inject my own $20 a year, much less a month, with state of affairs.  As much as I want I can't quit all together.  I'll just keep taking weeks off here and there, cutting play back, and never playing anymore MPC.  

I'm waiting to see what upgrades they give us to the Elite Collection.  It sure seems like they would have had the other additions firmly in place before they snatched away the only item in the Collection that people wanted.  If additions are bogus then I plan to gift everything I can to LONG TIME FRIENDS who can't fund their ball habit through play so they don't have to spend their hard earned money on a business that has little regard for it's customers.  I'll also continue using the 400+ GISD and SD2 balls I have in my bag so I don't give back $9 a day in ball money.

That said, please don't send me a friend invite in the hopes that I will gift you balls.  Not looking for any new random friends unless we play together first and I like the way you carry yourself.  

NOTE   ****I despise beggars!

P.S.  I'm disgusted in myself.  I believe I have made over 10 posts this week.  Much prefer to spend my time on the course than in the clubhouse but just don't feel like playing.

Jake...I don't want any "stuff". But, you gotta get out on the course with me. You will have renewed interest in the game if you think you can fix all that is wrong with my game, lmao! Hope all is well!

• putt4gold
    56 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2013 6:02 PM

Agree 100 percent. once they took away the gift cards these credits went from being almost worthless to completely worthless. what is the point of wagering credits in rg's and mpc's when theres nothing of value to gain from it. i was in your ball park $$$ wise in terms of what wgt was getting outta me per year, but that has dropped to nearly zero. since they took away the gift card option i have played maybe 2 rounds every 3 days, down from easily 10 rounds a day

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2013 6:25 PM

Photobucket Yo, Owl dude, where in this post did I say "Raise your wing ?" Lol.

Doc :)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2013 7:01 PM

I just raised both hands. Have fun you all.

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2013 7:11 PM

opyeuclid:
    I started playin less over 2 years ago . I saw that I was burning out on the game , But I still have a blast in the forums with all the Fun people .

Man Opy!  You said it brother!  Except for the playing less part, 'cause I'm playing about the same.

RSS