Forums

Help › Forums

Raise your hand if you're playing less these days

Mon, Mar 30 2015 1:49 AM (81 replies)
  • PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2013 9:26 PM

jakestanfill7:

That said, please don't send me a friend invite in the hopes that I will gift you balls.  Not looking for any new random friends unless we play together first and I like the way you carry yourself.  

NOTE   ****I despise beggars!

I know that wasn't directed at me Jake, but in general. I'd love to play a few games with you though. I'll send a message and see if we can find a time to hook up. 

• craigswan
    31,559 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2013 12:10 AM
    craigswan:
    When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much."

Oh my gawd, not a Man Utd fan.

Actually coming from st andrews my local team is east fife . They won the cup  in 1935 .

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2013 12:24 AM

This is my last month.

• Bailey2115
    226 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2013 1:40 AM

They need better tournaments and more stroke play courses if they want to keep players more involved. Doesn't help when *** supersonic won't give me any credits.

• Dingus7
    23 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2013 1:47 AM

Bailey2115, you owe me a sleee of golfballs, you say join clubs and gain golf balls, you whinge like a bi th everywhere and renege on your offers,you're lack, give me my golf balls. Shove your club, I joined and I had to make tournaments, it's maybe the worst I have encountered. I will look for the golf balls when next I log in.

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2013 10:27 AM

^^^^^^^..............more like hand-over than hand-up  

• cycle0
    38 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 4:38 PM

Not playing at all lately.  Just check these posts to see if any bug fixes have been made.  Whoops, looks like more bugs, and no fixes.

Check back next week (year, maybe?)

• Raelenerose
    2,966 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 9:46 PM

Well I don't play at all any more..just run my CC until I can find a member that wants it.

It is not an even playing field ,no where near it in fact there are the few who are limited to the amount of VEM they receive(lets call them the top tier) then there is us ...we're the idiots that spend our money striving to get to the top tier . And that isn't going to happen because its the way the game is structured to make money .

As its been stated in an earlier post in this topic. We can all add the yards up and allow for the up and  the down ,we can all allow for the stated wind , how many times do you believe you have hit the right shot and gotten no where near the result you should have (particularly as you have hit the same shot/shots b4 with the expected result).

How many putts that show str8 from either view that you ding ...MISS? and likewise to the putts that show turn but mysteriously go str8....too freaking many .

I don't care what they put in their T+C"s its fraudulent in my mind. Look at our clubs we purchase , we purchase them based on the clubs stated specifications .ie with my set the 195 club can give me results of up to 20 yds short of what was expected when I hit my shot..regardless of dinga or a miss of the dinga.

Now for those that say I don't know how to play this game ..Really!!! blow it out the reverse of your front.

Many times in practise mode iv'e hit the same putt over n over ie, aim at the same point hit the same speed (I don't always hit the dinga when aiming at it) and the results( only including dinged putts) can vary by over 4ft on a 30ft putt 3ft right to 1 ft left but if I hit that putt often enough still aiming at the same place and speed  it does eventually go in .

Go and try it out ..if you know your aiming at the right spot and pace for a putt and it misses ..just click mulligan and hit the same putt again and again it will eventually go in ..it just depends on the VEM .

I have hit putts in practice mode that miss by 6 " to the left...so I do mulligan and move the marker accordingly......on #8 on St Andrews from behind the hole , after approx. 14 putts I had moved the marker 2 grids and still missed the putt 6" to the left.(the putt was 15ft).

So as a result of the unfair playing field I no longer play ..I don't care about tournament wins , I don't care if we can all shoot 18 under ..I want the result of the shot I hit not what a random generator thinks I should get ...this game is fun when were shooting birdies and the odd eagle and sinking putts , and that's why we all mainly play ..I'm surprised from the point of view as its money based ..that .if we were all given the shots we hit we'd never stop playing the game, just imagine how many balls we would all buy . (hmmm maybe no one would go to work lol ..maybe the govt makes e'm put the VEM IN).

Yup been here a fair while ..stayed because of the friendships I have made but I just got to the stage where I didn't see the sense in attempting to aim a putt or calculate a shot knowing full well the result was rarely if ever of my doing.

Raelenerose

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 11:05 PM

That is a pretty sad summation of ur experience here.

I have played with u, so I am aware of ur skill level, which isn't to be sniffed at.

I do the mulligan shite as well, until I nail a putt, then I memorise it.

Keep at it Gal.

1i

RSS