Forums

Help › Forums

What klutz did this?

Thu, Jan 31 2013 10:10 AM (49 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2013 10:29 AM

Someone broke an avatar's ankle while playing on WGT!

I'm browsing through the pro shop, looking for a new avatar and I came upon this one:

WTH?  Out 6 to 10 weeks with a broken ankle? So I went into the Pro Shop and talked to the guy behind the counter.  He confirmed it and said some player, he would not say who did it, tried a dumb shot through some trees, hit a tree, and the ball ricocheted straight back hitting the avatar in the ankle and breaking it.

I spent all night going through Yancycan's Samsquatch surveillance camera videos and whatnot and found these two pieces of evidence.  The first frame here shows the ball coming back at the avatar and hitting it in the ankle. 

Looks like the avatar made a move to avoid the ball doesn't it?  The next frame shows the avatar writhing on the ground in pain.

I spoke briefly with the avatar this morning.  He said even though this happened close to a week ago he's still in a lot of pain. (Says the pain killers he's taken are making him a bit fuzzy on remembering the details and such.)  Thinks it was a well known player but can't remember the name.  Said the guy put himself in a bad position on the fairway with trees blocking his 2nd shot at the flag.

The avatar went on: "I told him to lay up left of the bunker but noooooo, gotta try and rip an iron through the trees at the flag.  I remember hearing a loud crack and feeling the ball hit my ankle.  Next thing I know I'm on the ground . And the player is standing there watching his replay and says 'Ooooh, almost made it through, missed by a foot!' "

Then the avatar asks me: "Can you help me find this guy?  I got ER and doctor bills to pay, I'm losing more than 2 months pay, and I want something for my pain and suffering too.  It was a bad shot he tried even though I told him to lay up!"

I put him in contact with my lawyer at Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe, but we need to find this guy first!

All you sleuths out there, get busy and find him.

Report back here.

Who's gonna be the first to solve this mystery?

• bluzgolf
    1,076 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2013 10:36 AM

Too funny!

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2013 10:37 AM

i had two shots that were similar to what was described yesterday on CCC but my avatar wears a different outfit .... 

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2013 10:38 AM

I saw Nothing !  I was not there !  I was shacked up in a sleazy motel with the Beer cart girl ,

OPY   iaaRft

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2013 10:47 AM

can you say

another box of screen cleaners

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2013 10:58 AM

This is an outrage ! Has anyone contacted the W.G.T. S.P.C. A. ? (Society for the prevention of cruelty to avatars .)

Doc :)

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2013 11:08 AM

Hmmm. it looks like Oakmont Andy, so we need to find somebody who was playing Oakmont just over  week ago. Not easy my man, but we are on it.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2013 11:14 AM

Hold on a minute, did the avatar give you a hint without directly saying who it was? He said its a bit fuzzy, hmmmm. I think you need to speak to Fuzzygazz about this.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2013 11:31 AM

A quck check with golf course security wasn't very helpful:

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2013 1:42 PM

I think we should interrogate the ball.

Those dimples are just a cover up of cuteness to what is probably a very sinister character.

RSS