• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Fri, Jan 25 2013 8:17 PM

looks like they got yer # eh Willy?

• CasualSoul
    8 Posts
    Fri, Jan 25 2013 8:27 PM

Willvias:
    I just started playing this game and went to look at upgrading clubs and realized that a driver that is ok is over 1000 credits. It costs $20 to get 2000 credits. Then there are better clubs each tier you go up. Your so called free game could cost someone $100's of dollars to play. Why not charge a membership fee and let people upgrade for free. There are MMORPG's that cost alot less to play than this. Also for the price of upgrading you would think that you could fix the bugs like hitting a 3 iron out of a bunker 5 feet. That's just dumb.

Wrong!

I've been playing this game for over 2 years. I put in $5.00 when I joined and have never spent another dime here. I have awesome clubs (about 4000 credits worth) and I play a fairly good ball, but I have played many hours and practiced hard to have won those credits.

You can also earn great credits watching advertising videos. You just have to check in and  watch for the big promos. In December, it was easy to earn 60 to 80 credits a day watching best buy ads.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Jan 25 2013 9:46 PM

renniw52:

100.00's of dollars? LMFAO. that is less than a years worth of balls. Unless you spend hundreds of hours on worthless surveys, you will spend a thousand or more per year just to stay active, forget getting good. That part is programmed or selected also. Your choice, play free or pay. I pay to play with my friends I have met. If it wasn't for them, I would be gone so fast, realizing that this is a money pit. Keeps me home, safe and having a good time. 

Yeah the problem is that with all its faults the game is very addictive as you come up through the ranks. So purchase wisely. Heck I have played TM's and Legends who still use starter equipment including balls so in reality the game could be free.But the game does get to a dead end once you have reached Legend and dont get no new equipment which is why so many do decide to restart . Only the best Elite players usually wont restart because they are able to compete for dough ya know ? :)

But that would take away from the fun of being able to try cool tricked out equipment. I bet if we all had the same equipment and balls to use this game would not see those outrageously low scores thats for sure.

I had a guy call me a cheater because I shot under par on STA front 9 with all starter stuff in high winds. I mean really lol I only played that course a katrillion times already. Damn noobs dont know I was a Noob once but even I had some common sense :)

The game does lack in course choices thats for sure.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Jan 25 2013 10:06 PM

There's no need to spend money on this game. It takes a little time to earn credits but it can be done.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Jan 25 2013 11:13 PM

courteneyfish:

There's no need to spend money on this game. It takes a little time to earn credits but it can be done.

That's true.

Also, if you're in it for fun, starter balls will suit you just fine..heck, played  them through my first few Legend RG's cause I couldn't handle the spin on the Tour SD balls...lol

In fact, I was a TM qualing for the VUSOpen at CCC when I turn Legend, I qualed for Open with the Tour SD's, and at the time had won a CC Tourney for a sleeve of the Cally spin balls...big mistake using them in the Open...lol, would have done better with starters at the time!

My point is clubs are/can be a "longish one time investment", balls are like crack.

Case in point, Q has me hooked on these Nike Vapors...they cost, so I grind RG's to pay for them!

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Jan 25 2013 11:52 PM

BubbaCrusher007:

looks like they got yer # eh Willy?

Looks like, couldn't be even bothered to use other letters, just swopped em round :))

• MacAnnis
    40 Posts
    Sat, Jan 26 2013 1:15 AM

Friend of mine in high school used a three iron out of a fairway bunker in Poppy Hills. Lightly sitting in the sand and picked it clean for 200 yds. Beautiful shot, but yes, not normally going to get that set up.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sat, Jan 26 2013 10:26 AM

I recall this Tiger Woods shot at the Open? It really goes down  to one of the best shots ever made in golf, out of the sand that is with a 3 iron.

• Braidan1218
    101 Posts
    Sat, Jan 26 2013 10:43 AM

The starter clubs are fine, I upgraded to starter plus set for 99 credits.

Since then I have completed surveys, offers, videos and have amassed close to 7k.

I will be buying the G20 set, with the Cleveland wedges and have not spent a dime.  It is doable but it won't be handed to you.

• fecks11
    235 Posts
    Sat, Jan 26 2013 10:58 AM

£800 on a jacket, lmao get a grip man, £30 a night seems fair are you deluded or something. If you are lucky enough to have money like that good for you but the majority of us would  have better things to do with our money than pay dearlt for a free game.

RSS