Forums

Help › Forums

CHEATING.....

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 26 2013 4:52 AM (8 replies)
  • BlackGibbon
    349 Posts
    Sun, Jan 27 2013 4:50 AM

I started playing WGT exactly two months ago an have just got up to Master tier, level 47. I like to think i pick things up quickly and seem to be doing pretty well when compared to players at and around(and above)the same levels and above as myself. Obviously there will be better players than me with similar experience.

What i cant understand is how someone who supposedly started on, around or even after me can be shooting rounds in the mid FIFTIES!!  For example; Look at the australian player who only started last month. He is topping all the amateur, pro , hack etc tables with scores of MID 50"S whilst the nearest players to him in second and third have low sixties!!! WTF? He is at level 67 and supposedly he as never played before??? I say .

All i want is a fair playing ground to play the game in a fair manner with fair like minded people. Is that to much to ask?

Al.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 11:45 AM

BlackGibbon:
    What i cant understand is how someone who supposedly started on, around or even after me can be shooting rounds in the mid FIFTIES!! 

The players you are seeing may have had previous accounts that they played on before they created the account you are seeing.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 12:07 PM

WGTpizza:

The players you are seeing may have had previous accounts that they played on before they created the account you are seeing.

So they are cheating?

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 12:08 PM

^^  ...  (sigh)

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 12:11 PM

courteneyfish:

WGTpizza:

So they are cheating?

You are allowed to create as many accounts as you want, as long as you close the previous before making a new one.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• TarheelsRule
    5,552 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 12:32 PM

I think that people have a misconception in this area.

The issue with multi account players is that they can achieve a high ranking and a number of credits and then stall out in their ability to win.  They create a new account and start to give the new account, clubs, balls, etc. and gain an advantage.  That is against the rules.

However if you chose to quit the account you have and open a new one, you forfeit all the balls, credits, etc. and reset everything.  You can still argue that those players have an advantage since they know the game better but they have no more access to better equipment than any other hack.  Many players that start on WGT have played TWO or other golf simulations and appear to be a multi account player, they aren't always they just have a better feel for online games.

It is tough to tell the cheats from guys who just want to start over.  In the words of Lance Armstrong, I looked up cheater in the dictionary and don't think that what I was doing was cheating.  The sandbaggers and multi account players feel that way.

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 1:02 PM

TarheelsRule:
    However if you chose to quit the account you have and open a new one, you forfeit all the balls, credits, etc. and reset everything.  You can still argue that those players have an advantage since they know the game better but they have no more access to better equipment than any other hack

There's an unfortunate way around this. People could forfeit all their credits to a good friend, close their account, open a new one and then get the same ammount forfeited back to them. Technically all within the rules, but the advantage would still be there. But, not really my concern, lol.

• gip204
    11 Posts
    Mon, Feb 25 2013 5:53 PM

Talking about cheating and multiple accounts , I just played a match game against someone who was a master but had just started playing less than two weeks ago.  When I asked him about this , he just said it was just strange for me.  It is just too hard to believe that this player was legitimate. He quit after two holes. 

• wrtt1
    1 Posts
    Tue, Feb 26 2013 4:52 AM

gip204:

Talking about cheating and multiple accounts , I just played a match game against someone who was a master but had just started playing less than two weeks ago.  When I asked him about this , he just said it was just strange for me.  It is just too hard to believe that this player was legitimate. He quit after two holes. 

RSS