Forums

Help › Forums

It's Nearly Baseball...

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 13 2013 8:02 AM (20 replies)
  • JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 5:59 PM

On a different note, hell of an odyssey for a (maybe someday) Hall of Fame pitcher.  Schilling started as a Red Sox prospect (I think), was sent to Baltimore in the Mike Boddicker trade, sent to Houston in the Glenn Davis trade, then somehow (dunno how) sent to Philly, then Arizona before ending up back in Beantown.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 6:14 PM

Who the hell is Wally Pipp?

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 6:24 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wally_Pipp

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 6:34 AM

Heh-No wonder I don't know him, that was back in the I Hate the F'n Yankees days. LOL. Grew up in LA as a SF fan and still remember them beating my Giants (at the time-12 years old) in 1962 in game 7. Crushing defeat for a kid.

In fact, when I first moved to NY in the late 70s the Yankees were losers and my fun came from reading about it every day in the sports section. Then, with the coverage of the west coast in the east being so dismal, I started watching how they built a dynasty, much like Washington is doing.

Old Yankee's history means nothing to me (can't stand that buffoon Yogi) and of the 28 rings they have I only feel attached to 6 of them. Plus 2 perfect games, Jeter's class, Tino Martinez, Paulie, Andy, Mo and all the rest of the classy stuff that goes with the present day Yankees.  :-)

• jumpmybones
    205 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 9:25 AM

Baseball and the Nationals,  are both a joke   !!!!!!

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 11:05 AM

jumpmybones:
    Baseball and the Nationals,  are both a joke   !!!!!!

I'm sorry.... translation, please?  I don't speak troll.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 11:07 AM

YankeeJim:
    Heh-No wonder I don't know him, that was back in the I Hate the F'n Yankees days.

Now YJ, I know you are an old f@rt, even more so than I am.  But I think Lou Gehrig took Wally Pipp's job in the 'Before you were born' days.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 11:35 AM

LMAO. Just goes to show you how much I know about the old Yankees. Went and looked at some dates and he died 10 years before I was born!!  :-D

• jumpmybones
    205 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 5:23 AM

I got your troll right here.      All baseball players, are on either drugs or steroids  !!!!!!!!!!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 13 2013 6:49 AM

Bumping the January discussion into the All Star break. Not looking so good for a few teams, especially the B Team Yankees.  Nats (best record in baseball???)  looking like a big disappointment (Strass went 2 innings last night!!) and the Buccos are turning out to be the darlings of  MLB (hope I didn't jinx them PugsAce), the Dodgers are kicking the Giants to the curb and Boston's feeling it. Then again, they do have the fade act down pat and Showalter is a comin'. LOL

Good second half coming up.  :-)

RSS