Forums

Help › Forums

Must be on my end.

Mon, Feb 4 2013 5:14 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 7:48 AM

Was just playing SA back 9. Absolutely the smoothest meter I have had in awhile. All putts breaking perfect and falling in. Was 5 under at 17, all GIR and all fairways hit. Had 3 drives to this point over 340. 17th tee, had a 20mph wind dead left to right, aimed way left of fairway, dinged the drive and it goes straight oob on the right. The drive didn't appear to go 150 yards. Hit a second drive same scenario, ball goes in 40-50 rough on left side of fairway. Carded a 9, go to 18, have a 18 mph tailwind straight down the pike, ding the drive and it goes 262 yards. Now this is with the R11s and top of line Nike. I had bs on my drive, this would normally drive the green on 18 under these circumstances, or be damn close. My question is? Is this on my end? If it's on my end, I will have my $hit checked out. If it is WGT, then I will continue to play a round every couple days, or get my one hole in each night to keep my CDP going. Coming from me, this post would have been a total rant in the past. At this point, it is just shaking my head. I think I know the answer to my question, but if I ask myself and then answer, it will only prove I'm totally Squirrel Nutz.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 8:14 AM

I hear you, these things are happening to many people daily. CLubs that don't react  according to the conditions.

A person can come to the forum and complain but not very many people are coming to the forum like they used to. Since they took away the gift cards and brought out all that 'junk' in the elite collection, what to hell do they have to play for now?

Seems like a shot can be way more of a crap shoot now for some reason. Shot that I'm sure won't hit the green will hit & run up to the cup 3 ft lol.

Idk, I can see why you'd be pissed if you nailed that shot way left & end up OB over that road.  I don't have an answer for you but I sympathize with you. hang in there & just play with your buddys idk lol. Take care Rick

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 8:16 AM

no renniw its not your comp or anything i had lots of wtf shots yesterday spent most of the day on the forums.   wgt at its best

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 8:24 AM

I feel for you. But at least you know you played your shots like you should. I however have a different problem. I've been playing like *** for the last 3 days, I can't seem to do anything right. And it has nothing to do with VEM, I'm just totally out of sync with my trigger finger. Every shot lands exactly where it's supposed to, considering the mistakes I make. I guess the fatigue has set in. I know I should take a short break, even though I play much less than I used to. I hope you get your feel back and the deviations stop messing with you.

• randalski
    131 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 8:30 AM

on wgt's best day, they can kiss my butt;  this game is more and more like pot luck....  damn if i do, damn if i dont

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 9:19 AM

Just tried 3 more times, randomly and totally by coincidence, all par 3's had 19-21 mph tail winds and all driveable par 4's and all the par 5's had 18-20 mph head winds. Imagine that. My theory is: BALL ATTRITION. The more birdies and eagles, the less hits on the ball, equating to more rounds per ball, thus buying fewer balls. Unfortunately, I don't win any credits, so I have to deposited real money to buy balls. This is making little to no sense to me anymore. I have lost one new Nike this morning, worn out another one, and am in the red on a third one. All in vain. I really love the challenge of a game like I explained above, but when you get the same conditions 3 times in a row, it is by design. I will take my buddy Bubbas advice and play with my friends. You get way more mileage out of your ball playing AS. Now I'm getting ready to go to my oldest sons house for a Super Bowl party. I have been tasked with smoking 12 racks of baby backs for the carnivores and 2 bushels of oysters for those of us who enjoy the finer things in life. I will kill myself with both, if the keg of Yuengling doesn't get me first. 

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 10:40 AM

BubbaCrusher007:
    Seems like a shot can be way more of a crap shoot now for some reason.

The sooner you just accept that in games when credits are on the line you (on many occasions) are not in control of your game, the less frustrating the game is. When one of those rounds when the wind is nothing like is displayed, shots start at the pin instead of where aimed, clubs are 10 yards off long/short consistently... just laugh it off, finish the round and hope that the next is better. This game has become much more 'luck of the draw' than skill-based the last few months, pointless to take it seriously.

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 5:53 PM

renniw52:
    Now I'm getting ready to go to my oldest sons house for a Super Bowl party. I have been tasked with smoking 12 racks of baby backs for the carnivores and 2 bushels of oysters for those of us who enjoy the finer things in life. I will kill myself with both, if the keg of Yuengling doesn't get me first. 

I'm unbelievably jealous. Hope you all have a blast. The lights just went out in the Dome (and most likely on the 9-ers as well), so the party can last even longer. I hope Ravens pull it off, only because of Torrey Smith, Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Those guys deserve it much more than Moss.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 6:09 PM

Slightly OT, but has anybody seen my antler spray?  Thanks.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 6:16 PM

btw, Renni, we've got to hook up for some alt and/or mp...I think we'd have a blast.

And now I must pass along something disturbing I ran across today...six out of seven dwarves are not Happy.

• PAGES
RSS