Forums

Help › Forums

My alter ego. How can I help WGT?

Wed, Apr 3 2013 6:27 PM (88 replies)
  • Badfinger100
    54 Posts
    Tue, Feb 12 2013 11:13 PM

Renniw52, I just signed in to practice a bit with my wedges and came to the forums to see what's shaken,,,,,You're awesome..thank you so very much for the gift,it is perfect and will close the gap I had between my 80 and 110 clubs,it's not often that such generosity is found these days,btw what is the SSS?..I'm thinking the more time I spend with this wonderful game and the time spent with all you wonderful people is restoring a lot of faith in my fellow man (Woman :) ),bless you all take care stay safe and hopefully see you on the tee box's some time...

• HacMcDuffer
    1,094 Posts
    Wed, Feb 13 2013 8:18 AM

Hey SS (renniw52)..... I thought of another way to find someone....and it worked....lol.

I set up a match play and opened it up to anyone. During the round I looked at profiles...lol...creep.....lol....and then asked a little about them. Just like a normal person would....lol.

It only took me three games to find a decent guy who I think is deserving of club upgrades.

We are in the process of me trying to convince him....we are not pervs.....lol...and only want to spread good will.

I'll message you in private with details and you can see what you think once he decides if he is OK with help.

Whether or not he accepts your help....this is my guy for my next "Somewhere in the Universe" gift.

Hac.

• TarheelsRule
    5,552 Posts
    Wed, Feb 13 2013 8:36 AM

I do have to say that the new squirrel is a great improvement over the one that you were using during our game yesterday Renni.  You know the one   lol

Great thread, a number of us including HacMcDuffer have given things to deserving golfers over the past few months.  I gave away a couple of club sets just after Christmas and some sleeves working with Hac last week.

Our Country Club determined who the deserving folks were by just having all the members post some of the the people that they have played with during the past few months who don't have the extra credits or money to buy balls, clubs, etc. and we gave away some gifts in that manner.

I have given some things away on the forums, just based upon the 10th response or something like that but you never know who you are giving things do so I prefer a group effort to determine the deserving folks.  If you need my help in this area, let me know.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Wed, Feb 13 2013 12:04 PM

all i want is some pork jerky.........

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, Feb 13 2013 12:41 PM

This is Rocket J. Squirrel. You wanna Bad azsed flyin Squirrel huh? huh? huh?

This is your squirrel. I don't know if you could out fly this critter or not Renni!

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Wed, Feb 13 2013 7:15 PM

TarheelsRule:
    Our Country Club determined who the deserving folks were by just having all the members post some of the the people that they have played with during the past few months who don't have the extra credits or money to buy balls, clubs, etc. and we gave away some gifts in that manner.

On ya, THR!  Good stuff!

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Wed, Feb 13 2013 7:28 PM

Btw, I had an upper echelon WGT player recently gift me a set of R11 irons!  What a nice gift.  Top spinning with that 3 iron on long par fours makes for some low scoring rounds.  Now if only I can corral that meter speed!  Well worth the try, I think.  Thanks again to that Tour Legend!

Cheers

Doug

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2013 3:32 PM

I just sent the level 69 Rocket driver to a player that was recommended by a friend. Sounds like a great person, who has some physical issues. I hope this slower meter driver will help him enjoy the game more. Just a little help and compasion.

SSS

I am still willing to help those that truly need it. Send me some more names. 

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2013 3:41 PM

renniw52:

I just sent the level 69 Rocket driver to a player that was recommended by a friend. Sounds like a great person, who has some physical issues. I hope this slower meter driver will help him enjoy the game more. Just a little help and compasion.

SSS

I am still willing to help those that truly need it. Send me some more names. 

Another great deed by you, Sir! And if the list of names ever becomes too long, please whisper some of them in my ear as well.

P.S.: I believe the Super flying Squirrel is a natural result of evolution. We all knew that sooner or later the regular ones would get tired of dragging their nuts on the ground.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2013 3:48 PM

Pants on the ground came way after my nuts on the ground. What a burden all these years. They are about ground down. Bunkers really are rough now.

RSS