Help › Forums

Getting frustrated

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 19 2013 8:03 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • hermanx
    5 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2013 9:32 AM

I have just about had it with this game....I imagine I will eventually be level 120 and still on MASTER tier! I have upgraded to the best clubs I can, I enter as many tournaments as I can, I has spent a small fortune on this game!!!! The problem is I can barely make par!!!! I am sick of this!!!! I have done all I can to play better but I still have great difficulty breaking PAR..THIS IS NO LONGER ANY FUN. 

• Fatherbrown
    282 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2013 11:06 AM

Reading what you type is funny to me.  "eventually be level 120 and still on MASTER tier!"  Upgraded to the best clubs, play many tournaments, spent small fortune on this game & barely make par.  Well, I'd say your not playing the game, the game is playing you.  Not trying to sound rude, but I have positive things to say, the thing I'm worried about is that you've tried it already w/no better results.  "Patience".  You'll get the hang of it after awhile, keep playing.  Good gaming!

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2013 11:11 AM

Hermanx , i am no better then the next guy , i have  at time felt the same way , where i started to say the same thing ,  no more fun ,its to hard  ect.  I stayed until one day i started to score better ,  with patience i started to go up in tiers, my experience is the game get to be harder to play when my average start to get close to changing tiers .  I tell you once you make that final step  and you reach the next level or average or tier you are seeking , you will feel great and proud .  If this game was a litle easyer to play,i am  not sure WGT would have so many members  staying until the next tier .  I have learn that some frustrations   is part of this game ,and if you dont give up on yourself  ,good thingswill appens .              Frapp               

• genegold2
    1,302 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2013 11:32 AM

With only 294 ranked rounds what do you expect to happen to your average. If you don't know by now that your average does not change playing practice games which include th as and skins in practice mode and a few others, then you are beyond help. You have been a member since 2010 and evidently do not play often. Practice does pay off, but the way wgt works you have to play the RANKED rounds. So quit belly aching about not advancing and start playing the important rounds.

• hermanx
    5 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2013 11:53 AM

OK, so I don't play every day. This is more seasonal for me. Thanks for the advice.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2013 1:35 PM

I agree - Master is the first real difficulty in the game, and it takes time to get accustomed to it.

I'm slow, but I had 480 Master rounds alone, you have but 120.

Take your time, enjoy the game, and forget about advancement for a while. Look at your shots, where are improvement capacities?

And, don't waste your credits in RGs until you've really improved.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2013 2:39 PM

Hermanx, looking at your stats the one obvious area of improvement you need to make is in your scrambling and sand saves. Bogeys kill your card big time and you need to learn the correct shot to play in any given situation around the greens. That means you need to become proficient at pitching and punching and not just rely on the flop, a common practice among masters, tour pros etc. Once you know what shot to play and how to execute it, you'll not worry about dropping shots. You then can concentrate on improving your putting to really improve your scores.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2013 3:03 PM

tiffer67:

Hermanx, looking at your stats the one obvious area of improvement you need to make is in your scrambling and sand saves. Bogeys kill your card big time and you need to learn the correct shot to play in any given situation around the greens. That means you need to become proficient at pitching and punching and not just rely on the flop, a common practice among masters, tour pros etc. Once you know what shot to play and how to execute it, you'll not worry about dropping shots. You then can concentrate on improving your putting to really improve your scores.

Thats what I thought when I looked at the stats. One other tip would be ditch the usless hybrid and get a third wedge.

Then learn all the shots and take notes of the results. You are level 79, don't get too discouraged as with a lot of practice you will move up soon.

• hermanx
    5 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 8:46 AM

I must admit I am surprized that you can read my stats so well. I always rely on flop.

And once I get into trouble I am snookered.

I will keep trying to improve and I guess forget about ever advancing...yay process! 

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 2:13 PM

alosso:

I agree - Master is the first real difficulty in the game, and it takes time to get accustomed to it.

I'm slow, but I had 480 Master rounds alone, you have but 120.

Take your time, enjoy the game, and forget about advancement for a while. Look at your shots, where are improvement capacities?

And, don't waste your credits in RGs until you've really improved.

I could not agree more, Alosso.  This game takes a lot of patients.  Very good post, buddy!  Especially when it comes to the RG's!

• PAGES
RSS