Help › Forums

Setting marker for 2nd shot

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 2 2013 1:12 AM (25 replies)
  • Edbeau
    98 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2013 10:37 PM

[quote user="xXxjasonxXx"]

just remember that some course's play wind stronger then others so if u need to take note tell it just come natural i would...

[/quote]

Sound advice I simply feel that I over or under judge the wind and I was thinking there had to be a way to be somewhat consistent ,,, not asking for perfection ,just a scale to be within a reasonable distance say,,, 12 - 15 feet ... that would be fine for me ... probably no birdie but satisfaction,,,, 

Thank you 

Edbeau

• Edbeau
    98 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2013 10:37 PM

[quote user="xXxjasonxXx"]

just remember that some course's play wind stronger then others so if u need to take note tell it just come natural i would...

[/quote]

Sound advice I simply feel that I over or under judge the wind and I was thinking there had to be a way to be somewhat consistent ,,, not asking for perfection ,just a scale to be within a reasonable distance say,,, 12 - 15 feet ... that would be fine for me ... probably no birdie but satisfaction,,,, 

Thank you 

Edbeau

• why9
    907 Posts
    Wed, Feb 20 2013 7:41 PM

i personaly set the marker where i want to  put the ball  and atempt to strike my shot early or late depending on how i suspect it will behave in the wind . i am not aware of any1 else doing this and am positive most here wiil call the idea ludicris  but seems to be  what works best for me  .  just a miscatagerized hack xxwhy9xx      

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2013 2:31 AM

It's not that crazy why9.

My irons and wedges have most consistent results when I hit 'm full power, so that's what I am looking for. This might even mean that with a head on 12 o'clock wind I put the marker left of the hole and miss ding late on purpose to compensate. Great trick when the distance to the hole falls right between two irons. Take the longer iron and do whatever needed to loose some yards. Applying top or backspin looses yards as well.

R.

• why9
    907 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2013 5:29 AM

Rockitch:
    It's not that crazy why9.

thank you r        while   i compensate for side  wind as previesly stated . tail and head wind i do a lil diffrently , either by takeing a lil off my power if need be  or  sometimes even switching to a punch shot i find this is great benifiet with distances that are between clubs . i  also occaisonaly  use top or backspin to help ajust my distance aswell .                                           ps    i belive it is important to keep in mind that the winds here are consistantly inconsistant and this truely is a game of educated guess's                albatross                                           

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2013 7:45 PM

My My 2 pages and still no answer, does everything have to be a secret.

If you line up the edge of the blue box with the flag from the golfers view point, that is apprx what a 5 mph wind will move the ball for a straight side wind. double it for 10 and so on and so on etc etc.......

Have fun now you have an exact measurement to move for a side wind.

• Edbeau
    98 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 1:54 AM

Steve2golf:

My My 2 pages and still no answer, does everything have to be a secret.

If you line up the edge of the blue box with the flag from the golfers view point, that is apprx what a 5 mph wind will move the ball for a straight side wind. double it for 10 and so on and so on etc etc.......

Have fun now you have an exact measurement to move for a side wind.

Steve,,, 

Thanks,,, I like this and as you said it works,,,, Much closer,,, 

Again thanks for the Reply 

Edbeau

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 1:57 AM

Steve2golf:

Is it really that simple ? I would say it makes a whole lot of difference if you are hitting a 3i, a 9i or a wedge.

R.

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 2:39 AM

Rockitch:

Steve2golf:

Is it really that simple ? I would say it makes a whole lot of difference if you are hitting a 3i, a 9i or a wedge.

R.

From the golfers view point is the key, the farther you are away, the farther right or left it will aim.

It's really that simple.

• Scott2mee
    281 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 2:53 AM

It's so easy to explain.. Heres the answer to your question.. If you want to place your approach shots right next to the pin you have to.. Practice.. Practice and most of all Practice.. Of course I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in regulation so my short game around the green is getting wicked.. I've had a lot of.. You guessed it.. Practice..

I'm WGT Master S2M.. Thank you and see you on the links.. = )

RSS