Forums

Help › Forums

Lighten it up a bit

Fri, Mar 1 2013 12:43 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Sun, Feb 24 2013 2:46 PM

This might lighten it up abit after a bad round.   1.Never try to keep more than 300 separate thoughts in your mind during your swing..  2 If it ain't broke, try changing your grip! 3. The inevitable result of any golf lesson is the instant elimination of the one critical, unconscious motion that allowed you to compensate for all of your many other errors.  4. A ball you can see in the rough from 50yds away is not yours. If there is a ball in the fringe   and a ball in the bunker, your ball is in the bunker! If both balls are in the bunker, yours is in the footprint! 5. A golf match is a test of your skill against your opponent's luck! 6. It's surprisingly easy to hole a 40ft putt......for a nine!  7. There are 2 types of golfers-those who admit to cheating and those who lie! 8. When you look up, causing a terrible shot, you will always look down again at exactly the moment when you should start watching the ball if you ever want to see it again .. 9. If you really want to get better at golf, go back and take it up at a much earlier age!   And finally my favorite....10.Don't buy a putter until you've had a chance to throw it!  Cheers GLG                                                                 

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Mon, Feb 25 2013 4:23 PM

garylewisgr:
    9. If you really want to get better at golf, go back and take it up at a much earlier age

Ok, when I'm reincarnated as Jack Nicklaus, I'll be sure to start at age 3.

Wait a sec., I don't believe in reincarnation! I guess I'm screwed.:(

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Mon, Feb 25 2013 4:35 PM

garylewisgr:
    try changing your grip!

funny you bring that up.

I changed my putter grip, stance, & pre shot routine & had a grand total of 22 putts on Sunday 18 hole comp (real golf)

garylewisgr:
    10.Don't buy a putter until you've had a chance to throw it!  Cheers GLG

Very true.

• das41
    3 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 9:24 AM

garylewisgr:

This might lighten it up abit after a bad round.   1.Never try to keep more than 300 separate thoughts in your mind during your swing..  2 If it ain't broke, try changing your grip! 3. The inevitable result of any golf lesson is the instant elimination of the one critical, unconscious motion that allowed you to compensate for all of your many other errors.  4. A ball you can see in the rough from 50yds away is not yours. If there is a ball in the fringe   and a ball in the bunker, your ball is in the bunker! If both balls are in the bunker, yours is in the footprint! 5. A golf match is a test of your skill against your opponent's luck! 6. It's surprisingly easy to hole a 40ft putt......for a nine!  7. There are 2 types of golfers-those who admit to cheating and those who lie! 8. When you look up, causing a terrible shot, you will always look down again at exactly the moment when you should start watching the ball if you ever want to see it again .. 9. If you really want to get better at golf, go back and take it up at a much earlier age!   And finally my favorite....10.Don't buy a putter until you've had a chance to throw it!  Cheers GLG                                                                 

Also, an important point of etiquette.  It is considered very rude to pick up a lost ball before it stops rolling.

• garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 1:25 PM

Good one das41..!!    Here's another one I really like.     Bill was lining up his shot when a voice from the clubhouse called out: "Will the gentleman on the ladies' tee please move back to the men's tee!!......Bill ignored the request and continued with his practice swings. The voice called out again: "Sir, will you please move back to the men's tee NOW!"  Bill carried on regardless and was just addressing the ball when the voice called out for a third time: "YOU ARE VIOLATING CLUB RULES!! Move back to the men's tee IMMEDIATELY or I will have you thrown off the course!   Bill turned angrily in the direction of the clubhouse and shouted back: "DO YOU MIND SHUTTING UP WHILE I PLAY MY SECOND SHOT!!!!     Does anyone have any other jokes to add? Would like to hear them! Cheers Gary

• JBaldoni
    892 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 6:25 PM

I'm tired of throwing my putter!

• texasinaz
    18 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 6:35 PM

just break it  over your knee

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 8:27 PM

I'm tired from throwing my putter!

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 10:13 PM

I'm tired of wrapping my putter round my crack caddy's head!

• scottishbloke
    1,277 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 7:06 AM

still trying to fish my putter out of the par 5 on ccc ( threw in after missing a five foot eagle )

• PAGES
RSS