Forums

Help › Forums

LET'S BE HONEST

Mon, Feb 27 2017 4:33 PM (2,573 replies)
  • craigswan
    31,541 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2016 11:56 PM

And they said assembling a deckchair on the titanic  was hard work .

table,gif,gif animation, animated pictures

• craigswan
    31,541 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 12:01 AM

Something strangely soothing about watching this .

• craigswan
    31,541 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 12:09 AM

another one of me on vacation .

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 1:43 AM

pdb1:

ct690911:
    how the hell did he capture 57 members?

That is not as surprising as the fact that at this moment . There are new WGTers and new CC members signing in to CC's with absent owners . Simply because they do not know any different . The name may be catchy . Or they recognize a name there . A clueless existing member that recommends his stagnant CC . I have a huge list of CC's with no activity or owner . And they continue to grow daily . Lol . I wish I had the time to inform them . But I don't . 

Paul

Just seen this. I'm guessing the owners aren't that absent or inactive, if you say people are joining CCs. They may not play, but since the owner is the only one, who can let people into a CC, they must be at least active enough, to do this ;-)

But I hear you, plenty of half dead CCs around.

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 2:55 AM

mkrizan86:
    I'm guessing the owners aren't that absent or inactive, if you say people are joining CCs. They may not play, but since the owner is the only one, who can let people into a CC, they must be at least active enough, to do this ;-)

But, the confirmation step may be disabled so that any applicant is automatically "in".

The optional tab in the Owner's Tools reads:

"Yes allow new players to join my club automatically upon membership request"

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 3:30 AM

alosso:
    But, the confirmation step may be disabled so that any applicant is automatically "in".

Wow, never knew that, Paul. Thank you for the info, we live and learn. Apologies to pdb1, I was wrong.

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 3:43 AM

No prob, no fault: Only owners know about this when they enter their tools.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 4:42 AM

Correct , That's the open door policy , Anyone can join,  That is where you will find most of the multi accounts and sandbaggers ,  Our club is by invitation only , No multi accounts or sandbaggers allowed .. There are a lot of dead clubs with an open door policy , That's not good .

edit-  I do get requests to join.

• Edgey54321
    547 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 5:00 AM

Not actually true. The owners tools allow anyone to join if the tag "Yes" allow new players to join my club automatically upon membership request

New players can ask WGT to allocate them a club, WGT will then allocate to any club with that message.

Thus new players become new members automatically.

The problem is owner who give up leave that message available so players will be allocated for ever.

I have suggested to WGT that all owner should have to renew all their tool request every three months. Guess what the answer was.

RSS