Forums

Help › Forums

LET'S BE HONEST

Mon, Feb 27 2017 4:33 PM (2,573 replies)
  • craigswan
    31,543 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2016 3:07 AM

Some people can put the whole thing in their mouth .

• gonfission
    2,241 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2016 9:36 AM

• craigswan
    31,543 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2016 11:35 AM

Golf and childcare opportunities .

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 4:31 AM

Howdy, my name is Dan. Born and raised a proud Texan. 

I am the 8th of 9 children. Catholic method of birth control my father would say.

We never had it easy but he made sure we had what we needed and taught us all his work ethic, respect for our elders, and love of God and country.

Bought my 1st car from my uncle for $50. It was a push button transmission Dodge Valiant. I had saved the money from doing paper routes, mowing lawns and other odd jobs I could find.

There wasn't much going on employment wise in the area back then, so at 18 I joined the USMC. It horrified my mother and upset the old man a little. He was Navy.

As much as I am proud to say, Once a Marine always a Marine, some of the things I witnessed kind of broke me. Things I wish I could forget, but never will.

But make no mistake. Should I ever need to stand a post again I will not hesitate.

Alcohol isn't the answer. I read some of the posts here with some members having the same problem. To them I can only say I wish you all the luck in the world defeating it. It isn't easy but being sober for the last 14yrs. sure as felt good. 

After my discharge I couldn't figure out what to do. A friend suggested welding. I tried it and I loved it. Still do. Made a great living from it. Retired after 25yrs. but still do some welding for friends when they need it.

Married the love of my life at 25. Still going strong 30yrs. later. We have a son who is also a proud Marine. He will earn his ' blood stripes ' early next year.

And now for a couple of comments on posts I read.

To Renni, I will say a prayer for you and your continued health. Good luck SquirrelMan.And much luck, and safety, to that speed demon on the track. And a loud SEMPER FI ! to The Gunny.

To SweetiePie, 2 thumbs up for Dan Posts,that's what I wear. I do wear a Stetson during the winter months but I also wear a Resistol during the summer. A little cooler don't ya know. 

• craigswan
    31,543 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 6:29 AM

A good read pepper .

Condiments  of the season to you .

• craigswan
    31,543 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 6:33 AM

Hopefully I have had an early xmas present .

After 2 weeks no speeding ticket has arrived . They have 2 weeks to send you it or it is time barred .

So here's hoping .

• craigswan
    31,543 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 7:27 AM

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 7:47 AM

Thank you for your post pepper. I'm sure the gunny is guarding his post. Best wishes for a wonderful holiday to you and yours.

Rich

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 9:13 AM

SlicedPepper:
    I am the 8th of 9 children. Catholic method of birth control my father would say.

I'm the oldest of 8 in one of those Catholic families. My father used to say they had 4 kids before they figured out what was causing it.  First 4 took 4 years, the last 4 took 15!  :-D

RSS