Forums

Help › Forums

Missing / Possible Reward

Tue, Apr 16 2013 3:09 AM (38 replies)
  • opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 2:40 PM

hyena64:
    Throw your starter gear in your bag, go out & play a few rounds. Just have fun & forget the score. It's especially effective on uneven lies.

I have been playing that mode with starter gear and Uneven lies and its a Blast,  You get to see places on the course that only Yancy knows about .

OPY

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 3:44 PM

courteneyfish:

My ability seems to have dropped but I'm puting it down to the medication.

I'm putting mine down to lack of same.....

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 5:48 PM

opyeuclid:

hyena64:
    Throw your starter gear in your bag, go out & play a few rounds. Just have fun & forget the score. It's especially effective on uneven lies.

I have been playing that mode with starter gear and Uneven lies and its a Blast,  You get to see places on the course that only Yancy knows about .

OPY

I stopped in the middle of a round of UL with starters and had a cup of tea with Yancy in a little shed on the back side of RSG on more than one occasion.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 6:56 PM

drmoose:

Anyone with any information that may lead to the return of the game we all fell in love with, please post it here , as we'd all like our game back.

Doc :(

This is true.

The game as we know it has got too big.

When I first started... St.A was only the Front9, I think there was Kia and Beth just came in, because of the Us Open (I Think).  I think the best ball we could get was the Wgt Gi-Sd series and maybe the best Iron set was the I15's.

Things have changed.

Now we have a  bucket load of courses to play, with new conditions, such as U/Lies (and should be only in Comp mode, not standard) and people still want more courses...lol

Edit.... U/Lies should be in Comp mode or Practice and not Standard.

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 8:14 PM

hyena,

Thanks for taking the time to reply with a well thought out alternative to playing stroke and trying to lower one's average. At some point I may just have to give this a try, but, for now I find myself doing as many others have done, trying a few holes of stroke to get a feel for how the game is playing, dumping that game, and playing Alt Shot for the social aspects of it. Short for time now, more to follow.

Doc :)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 9:31 PM

hyena64:

drmoose:
    and trying to lower one's average

It won't lower your avg one iota as it is only practice mode, but it will lower your blood pressure & raise your fun & relaxation level. Just a way of clearing out the cobwebs, & at least for me, helping me learn the courses & the game better because you are forced to do so. Will definitely help with your "real" game once you shake it out on the unbalanced side.  After a bit, you go back refreshed with new outlook on the whole game. At least it's what has happened for me & a few others I know.  You take care sir.

If your talking about U/Lies....  there are R/Go' Ranked rounds with that format.....  Good fun and heaps of frustration rolled into one, thank goodness I  moved my puter table further from the wall so I couldn't punch a hole in it....lol. This is the main reason why my average is not dropping.....lol   Something different to make things fun again is always good.

-Roger

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 8:53 AM

hyena64:

drmoose:
    and trying to lower one's average

It won't lower your avg one iota as it is only practice mode, but it will lower your blood pressure & raise your fun & relaxation level. Just a way of clearing out the cobwebs, & at least for me, helping me learn the courses & the game better because you are forced to do so. Will definitely help with your "real" game once you shake it out on the unbalanced side.  After a bit, you go back refreshed with new outlook on the whole game. At least it's what has happened for me & a few others I know.  You take care sir.

Going back to the starters, with or without UL,  in practice mode takes you back to the reason you joined this game. It's about discovery instead of demanding of yourself to shoot certain scores or you've failed somehow. The scorecard becomes meaningless and you just hit shots to see what happens. It's the most fun I've had since I joined. Regaining that feeling of fun, and nothing else but fun, is something I think a whole lot of players need to shake off the blues and realize why they're here. Playing for credits or playing for average sounds like work to me. I get plenty of that at work.

Fun is the best thing to have so seek it and gather it to yourself. :)

~CD~

RSS