Forums

Help › Forums

Take a quick look

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 28 2013 3:54 PM (5 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 1:21 PM

Look at my friends list, SeanTavis is my youngest son. TAW23 is my oldest son. Winner4ever3 is my oldest grandson. These boys started playing with me and quit. Sean is the one who got me started on WGT. I have begged them to come back and play a game with me. They said, quote, Dad, Papa, this will cost you dearly. It has cost me dearly, but my friends are priceless. My boys are wrong, and think I am crazy. I mentioned names, which is a no no, but they are my blood. I had permission.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 1:59 PM

LOL Ren, whilst the game in financial terms may eat into our wallets, IMHO it is terrific fun and entertainment, especially when playing with friends. Value for money in my book and as you say, you can't put a price on friendships . Tell your lads to give it another go, they may just get hooked too 

Safer and cheaper than most other forms of entertainment, and worst case scenario is a WGT addiction lol. I am sure there are some support groups out there!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 2:34 PM

i told my boys that. When we can't be together, we can be together. We can talk about their mother and have a good time. So far, no go. Must be me. LOL

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 2:38 PM

i started with 4 close friends , they all quit upon reaching master ... 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 2:59 PM

LOL I am sure its not you Ren, young kids often just want to get out and experience life. My son did start playing too and got bored - rather be playing in reality or other sports. But again like Film says, out of the masses that start playing how many are actually active or find the game too hard upon reaching a certain level and do not want to shell out for virtual equipment or cannot justify or afford it. I too got to that point - and I am pleased I persisted.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2013 3:54 PM

I told them they can't beat me now, I think they could.

RSS