Forums

Help › Forums

It's Supposed to be Fun

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 1 2013 8:14 AM (3 replies)
  • yobooya
    899 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 7:23 AM

Well, I guess I just want to thank WGT for helping me make a decision that I've been mulling over for some time.  I am leaving the game. while this decision is one that I may regret at some time in the future I can always come back.....but I will no longer be a regular player and I will not waste one more penny on this game.

No, I'm not a top tier player and I realize my limitations, but I enjoyed the time I spent on this site and the thrill of competition our the relaxation of just trying to do my best alone. I've lived through your tweeks on equipment, courses, and while I haven't enjoyed them I've tried to live with them and keep plugging along.

So here comes March and guess what...some wizard at WGT decided every one of the monthly tournaments would have heavy winds!  I don't know who thinks that we enjoy playing in those conditions, although I have heard it said that the games best performers prefer playing in them.....well, guess what....those of us that play for the fun and recreation don't! I know it's March, in like a lion blah, blah, blah....well I live in Kansas and even we don't have a whole month of days like that!

So, farewell folks, keep letting the same people take your ready-go fees, WGT your product fees, and who ever your side bet money.  I have decided that I've had enough of it!

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 7:40 AM

I hear ya bud, only too clearly. For this weeks multi-round, i had shot a respectable 28 in the 1st round. But low and behold, WGT in their wisdom decided they didnt really want me to play well in the 2nd round. I was -2 after 3 holes, then it all went downhill after that. I mean, come on WGT, a 240 yard 3 wood going 235 yards into a 20mph direct headwind, And landing in 60% rough, without even a bounce to get me there? That was a double bogey hole, followed by another bogey hole, which was only a 6 foot putt on a level green that spun so wildly away from the hole, it was unbelievable to see. MRWGT needs to get his head out of his ass. There goes another few months of lip outs onto my account.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 8:10 AM

yobooya:

Well, I guess I just want to thank WGT for helping me make a decision that I've been mulling over for some time.  I am leaving the game. while this decision is one that I may regret at some time in the future I can always come back.....but I will no longer be a regular player and I will not waste one more penny on this game.

No, I'm not a top tier player and I realize my limitations, but I enjoyed the time I spent on this site and the thrill of competition our the relaxation of just trying to do my best alone. I've lived through your tweeks on equipment, courses, and while I haven't enjoyed them I've tried to live with them and keep plugging along.

So here comes March and guess what...some wizard at WGT decided every one of the monthly tournaments would have heavy winds!  I don't know who thinks that we enjoy playing in those conditions, although I have heard it said that the games best performers prefer playing in them.....well, guess what....those of us that play for the fun and recreation don't! I know it's March, in like a lion blah, blah, blah....well I live in Kansas and even we don't have a whole month of days like that!

So, farewell folks, keep letting the same people take your ready-go fees, WGT your product fees, and who ever your side bet money.  I have decided that I've had enough of it!

I think the game is as much fun as we make it. I'm Legend as well and saw the Monthlies all high wind again for the second month in a row. I play only the freebies and it's fun to see where I end up and what not. I stayed away from the high wind stuff last month and played up more CC Tourneys and made more attemps at the 9 hole weeklies to make up for not really wanting to bash my brains out in the high wind monthlies. Just a thought. I never like to see a player up and leave when there's still fun to be had here.

One other thought, when I feel like it's all the same all the time, I throw the starters in the bag and play Uneven Lies from the medium tees to remind myself that this is supposed to be just for fun. Give it a try.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2013 8:14 AM

The only fun I have is a rare AS with my buds (male and female). I can't seem to shoot below a 33 anymore, even on the sissy courses. I play better in AS on RSG and the harder courses. Of course these rounds don't record your great shots. I will be here for the long run, but my playing time has bottomed out. I tried 5 different courses in stroke play a day ago, could get to 3-4 under and not even finish at par. Not crying at all, just saying. I went through 2 new Nike balls just with strokes. I used to be able to shoot BPB like I owned it. Not anymore. I guess I totally forgot how to use my clubs. Looking forward to the next fun AS. Like I said before, win or lose, we all win when we enjoy the time with friends.

RSS