Forums

Help › Forums

"Experience Points".....XP's

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 25 2013 12:49 AM (9 replies)
  • golfvader7
    1,822 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 3:18 PM

Let's see how much trouble I can get into with this...................In my humble opinion, it is completely unfair that a person like myself who has played 120 days in a row to get the same xp's as a person who has played 6 days in a row. Just as it is totally unfair that a person who has played 120 days in a row to get the same xp's as a person who has played 250 days in a row.......and so on.

At level 89, to reach level 90, I need just shy of 60,000xp's. Yes, I understand that as one advances in levels, the more xp's you need. But why should one get the same number of xp's for 120 consecutive days as the person who has played 7 days in a row?

All this proves to me is that after six days, the powers that be don't care if I play on consecutive days or not. All I'm saying is there should be some kind of sliding scale to reward those that play consecutively...........ie: 30+days.....950xp's, 60+days......1050xp's........90+, etc., with a cap of 120+ days? 150+ days? Don't know.

Don't know whether this has been addressed before. If it has I would love to know the reasoning behind why it is the way it is. If it has been addressed, I apologize for taking up the community's time.

"see you in the short grass"....................................."gv"

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 3:33 PM

Its a fair point your making there GV. If the XP was more for each and every day, then the incentive would be greater to play each day, instead of knowing if you dont play, you will make it up in a few days.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 4:13 PM

You have a very valid point, and yes it seems unjust for the player who plays 7 consecutive days gets the same incentive as the player who manages 100 days in a row.

But the real incentive to reach a new level is that better equipment becomes available, and by changing the daily consecutive bonus means players will reach there sooner if the play every day. Seems fair but the player will actually hit less shots to reach that level (resulting in less ball usage - a great cash cow for WGT) so I doubt this will change.

Another possibilty could be to give the player some extra XP bonus for reaching a certain amount of days, without impacting ball usage unduly.

BUT I always fear, this takes programming changes and we all know what can happen then - the old adage,if its not broken, dont fix it.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 4:52 PM

Simple fix. Bonus points be awarded at the rate of 4 points per consecutive day played. A very easy program to write and implement.

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2013 2:46 AM

srellim234:

Simple fix. Bonus points be awarded at the rate of 4 points per consecutive day played. A very easy program to write and implement.

WGT doesn't understand easy or implement.

• borntobesting
    9,684 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2013 3:51 AM

srellim234:

Even 1 point for each day after 6 would be an improvement. But an even bigger problem as I see it is that if I shoot a 65 for 18 and another player shoots a 90 he would get 25 more points for playing poorly. They could make sort of a Stableford system giving bonus points for birdies,eagles and double eagles.Doing that would in a small way award better play. They already have a 50 point bonus for a hole-in-one. So it shouldn't be too hard to implement such a system.

• marcbgd
    81 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2013 6:29 PM

It would be nice if wgt put up a post that shows how many points you need to reach each level. I know for me to reach the next level ((95) I have to get about 150,000 points. The higher the level the more points you need to advance. And yes, it would be great to have more points for more consecutive days.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, Aug 25 2013 12:23 AM

Voila, the Level&XP reference

Most numbers above lvl 100 are still missing - any hints?

RSS