Help › Forums

Question to all Brits:

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 14 2013 4:17 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2013 12:20 PM

Is it really THAT danged windy over there all the time?

I get that doing Andrews with a sub-15mph wind is just not going to happen, but now I'm trying to do my weekly at RSG and it's hovering between 25 and 30mph every time I try.

It can't really be like that always, can it?

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2013 12:40 PM

No, your doubts are in fact well founded. Most of the time it's windier....

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2013 3:31 AM

It's why I moved South...pity Ireland isn't bigger, handy wind break for most of the West Coast. of England and Wales. :-)

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2013 4:36 AM

It's 15mph here. Just a zephyr.

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2013 5:41 AM

Play in a sandstorm in Muleshoe (Tx). You may see prairie dogs digging burrows 20 feet in the air. Farmers come along later and saw 'em up to use for fence post holes.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2013 6:04 AM

alcaucin:

It's why I moved South...pity Ireland isn't bigger, handy wind break for most of the West Coast. of England and Wales. :-)

LMAO, it sure does get windy here sometimes. But for anyone who doesnt know, we have factory's all over the country making Rain, and then we send it out all over the world, lol.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2013 10:06 AM

Great...all that wind and fog.  Guess I can cross London off my vacation list.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2013 9:19 PM

TWOMINUSONE:

alcaucin:

LMAO, it sure does get windy here sometimes. But for anyone who doesnt know, we have factory's all over the country making Rain, and then we send it out all over the world, lol.

I KNEW it !! ....:)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2013 9:47 PM

I lived in the UK 10 years and the weather IS shocking. 300 days of rain a year (the rest was snow) and a biting cold wind most of the time.....well thats how I remember it lol.

But I did live not to far away from RSG and no, the wind wasnt that bad but coming right of the sea it would be blustery. I also played the Old Course 3 times, once was calm, once was pretty windy and once you could barely stand up! Oh and did I mention the rain?

A gluten for punishment - 10 years, what was I thinking lol No wonder Andy moved South!

• craigswan
    31,573 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2013 12:38 PM

I come from st andrews and most of the time you don,t even notice , you get used to it .

Remember it juts out and is surrounded on 3 sides by water .

• PAGES
RSS