Forums

Help › Forums

"Friends"???

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 13 2013 9:23 PM (7 replies)
  • golfvader7
    1,822 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2013 10:47 AM

Sometimes "friends" are just a number on your profile page. Or maybe you've played a round or two with them. And sometimes you develop a "bond" and "closeness" and "meaningful" relationship" with them.

In the real world, long distance relationships usually don't work for obvious reasons. In the virtual world, it's almost the same.

WARNING: In this "virtual" world, your "best friends" will hurt you without giving you/it a second thought!! You've all been warned!!!!!!!

"see you in the short grass"

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2013 11:27 AM

golfvader7:

Sometimes "friends" are just a number on your profile page. Or maybe you've played a round or two with them. And sometimes you develop a "bond" and "closeness" and "meaningful" relationship" with them.

In the real world, long distance relationships usually don't work for obvious reasons. In the virtual world, it's almost the same.

WARNING: In this "virtual" world, your "best friends" will hurt you without giving you/it a second thought!! You've all been warned!!!!!!!

"see you in the short grass"

I've had people add me to their friend list after a round when we get along together, personalities mesh well, etc.  Funny thing is that I have yet to play a round with any of them after the friend invite.

Yeah, often it is just a number on a screen.  I'd be more apt to invite friends for a game if they were...say...23 and blonde with a nice rack, a webcam, and absolutely no sense of shame.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2013 11:55 AM

golfvader7:
    In this "virtual" world, your "best friends" will hurt you without giving you/it a second thought!!

The ones that slay me are what I call users. They friend you up, pick your brain and make like they're grateful and then turn tail and run away to lurk in the shadows, waiting for the opportunity to express just how grateful they are by pounding on you here. Class acts.

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2013 12:12 PM

YankeeJim:

golfvader7:
    In this "virtual" world, your "best friends" will hurt you without giving you/it a second thought!!

The ones that slay me are what I call users. They friend you up, pick your brain and make like they're grateful and then turn tail and run away to lurk in the shadows, waiting for the opportunity to express just how grateful they are by pounding on you here. Class acts.

Sounds like someone I know.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2013 12:22 PM

borntobesting:

Sounds like someone I know.

...and Bob's your uncle.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2013 2:40 PM

courteneyfish:
    Bob's your uncle.

LOL  ..  Sorry Mr Jim ,, Family and Froot Loops ,  You do tend to have that Gift .

I  / We  have friends here that I / We  have never played a game with But we sure have fun in the forums . 

I / We have had friends turn on us , And we move on .

I  / We would like more from this game and life , And each day we learn something new .

Why is it that I / We  need this thing called friends ?

Why is it that when we lose one it hurts / or turns out to be a good thing .

Friend ..   We are here one day and could be gone tommorow  ,  by choice or some other reason , It all is Moot ,  Enjoy your Friend , be it for a day or a life time .

iaaRft

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2013 4:28 PM

Sticks & Stones

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2013 9:23 PM

.......................Be CAREFUL!

RSS