averages

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 26 2013 12:46 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • blueshot
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 9:35 AM

cannot understnd how averages work out.

Made Tour Master when average was 63, and since played 4 rounds of -3,-3,-4,-2, yet average has gone up by 1 every time so my av is now 68.

How is this?

• WGTBOBBYSWORLD
    162 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 5:07 PM

For obvious reasons, WGT is not sharing exact details of the formula we use to determine averages, but they include factoring in scores from players who perform well in tournaments and challenge games for credits.

Finally, most of our top players have posted close estimates for players to try to gauge their progress in advancing tiers. Here is a good thread to read:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/9085/707139.aspx#707139

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 5:32 PM

First time I have seen your name Bobbysworld. Introduce yourself. I am Renniw52, who the hell are you?

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 5:40 PM

That's the other new moderator (Manager) that WGTdoubleoshoes (another new moderator) was talking about in the forum " There's a new Sheriff in town."

He will also be moderating WGT baseball forums as well.

Stay Classy!

:) 

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 5:43 PM

Stay Classy is gone, an introduction is in order.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 6:28 PM

blueshot:

cannot understnd how averages work out.

Made Tour Master when average was 63, and since played 4 rounds of -3,-3,-4,-2, yet average has gone up by 1 every time so my av is now 68.

How is this?

Your 1st posted score as TM sets your new avg, yours is now the average from the 4 scores you mention.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 6:50 PM

renniw52:

Stay Classy is gone, an introduction is in order.

I agree that an introduction was in order. after all are WGT trying to improve communication or just continuing to keep us in the dark. Someone flip the light switch please!

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2013 1:00 AM

WGTBOBBYSWORLD:

For obvious reasons, WGT is not sharing exact details of the formula we use to determine averages, but they include factoring in scores from players who perform well in tournaments and challenge games for credits.

Finally, most of our top players have posted close estimates for players to try to gauge their progress in advancing tiers. Here is a good thread to read:

Welcome in the forums! :)

Your first post has interesting contents compared to previous official answers - creating positive curiosity about a new communication policy. It's a first-timer in relating to tiering requirements - bravo!

Should it remain a secret that non-credit matches may be included in the mix, too (wins against higher tiers)? *grins*

And, may I help you to make the link clickable though it doesn't contain TL requirements due to it's age? <bg>

• daddd1
    171 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2013 7:52 AM

WGTBOBBYSWORLD:

You seem to have a way to go to help anybody in forums, will try to keep up with your posts & see if you really have any pull with WGT.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2013 2:29 PM

renniw52:

First time I have seen your name Bobbysworld. Introduce yourself. I am Renniw52, who the hell are you?

LOL    Renn

• PAGES
RSS