Help › Forums

from 71.80 to 80.00 in one game

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 28 2013 6:21 AM (6 replies)
  • giorgos1976
    14 Posts
    Mon, Mar 25 2013 5:34 PM

Hi all

I reached Tour Pro tier after winning a match play, which turned my average below 72. Happy enough i went to my C.C and created a tournament to celebrate my new level. It is a 9 hole olympic club game on a very fast green. I ended with a +4 and that changed my average to 80. Is this ok to occur ? 

Thank you all in advance

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Mon, Mar 25 2013 6:22 PM

When you move up a teir your AVG resets ,, just play and it will come back down with time

OPY

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Mon, Mar 25 2013 6:28 PM

hello giorgos,

Yes that is OK. Since you shot your very first score of 40 on 9 holes it doubles it  for 18 holes; and that is were you get your average score of 80 from. That is why it does not matter whether you play a 9 or 18 hole round it is still the same.

And congratulations on making Tour Pro!

• Seadogrun
    8 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2013 7:45 AM

I noticed the same thing.  So is the average for all the games you play at that level?  Or is there some number of most recent games?  Does the average have any effect in the game or just a number to be proud about?

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2013 12:58 PM

It's like Opy said, each time you move up a tier, your average resets.  In each Tier, you have to have "X" number of rounds before you reach what we call saturation.  For instance, a Tour Master must have 50 ranked rounds played as a Tour Master then their average "saturates".  From that point on, your average will not go up.  but as you shoot lower scored rounds than the rounds in your 50 rounds, the highest score drops and the lower score is added so your average goes down.  At that point, WGT uses your best 50 rounds to determine your average and that is linked to the magical number that allows  you to move up in Tier.  So as a Tour Master (in the example) when his average has dropped to 61.00, he would then become a Legend and the process starts all over, but only with more rounds required in the saturation.

I hope that makes some sense.

LD

• JackNick65
    5 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2013 7:29 PM

You are going to score what the logarithm says it does not matter how well you play!

• giorgos1976
    14 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2013 6:21 AM

Thank you all for the replies. Indeed I played another round and made 36 on the same course. My average is now -76. I wanted to say this just for the record :) 

Good luck all and have fun

RSS